Sewer & Drain Cleaning Services
Morganton Plumbers Protecting Your Pipes from Clogs
Most homeowners assume that once they flush the toilet or send something down the drain, it is now completely in the hands of the city water and sewer department. The truth of the matter is that you are actually responsible for the sewer lines going all the way out to the connection in the street. If something happens to that main line, you are going to need to have it fixed. That line is quite a bit smaller than the line it is going to, so if a clog occurs, it is most likely going to be on your property.
The Morganton plumbers at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Morganton offer sewer and drain cleaning services to keep your pipes free from buildup and blockages. Call (800) 259-7705 to speak with a technician today.
Causes of Clogged Drains
The pipes and drains in our homes work hard every day bringing water in and out of our homes safely. Daily household activities like washing dishes and showering cause buildup from toiletries and wastes such as toothpaste, soap, cooking oils, grease, and hair. Most blockages start small and build up over time resulting in the occasional need for sewer and drain cleaning services. Waiting too long for these services could lead to more serious issues.
If your kitchen or bathroom drains are backed up, do not reach for a harsh, chemical drain cleaner because they can damage your home’s pipes. Instead, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Morganton.
Our professional Morganton plumber can provide you with any of the following drain cleaning services:
- Deep cleaning - We remove all clogs including those that stick on the walls of your pipes. This is followed by a thorough inspection of the sewer line to see if there are other potential problems that could result in a plumbing disaster in the future.
- Aqua bright pipe rejuvenation - This drain cleaning procedure can effectively eliminate even years of grime in your drains and sewer line. This procedure not only helps clear your drains but also prevents future problems.
- Drain preventative maintenance - Our plumbers are determined to help you avoid the stress of a clogged drain with our preventative maintenance services. From installing screens on your drains to keeping sewer lines clean, we can help.
Do You Have a Sewer Clog?
Within any structure, whether residential or commercial, there are a number of different drains used for plumbing. Drains need to be functioning properly to keep the plumbing in good condition. Even a small clog can cause slowing of drains and a major clog causes the pipes to back up. If this occurs in the pipe that connects to the main sewer line, you could be dealing with a messy and unpleasant situation.
You may know you have a sewer clog if you notice:
- Multiple fixtures are not working properly
- Water comes out of the shower drain when you flush the toilet
- There are bubbles in the toilet when the bathroom sink is running
- Water comes up out of the shower or sink drains when the washing machine is in operation
Steps to Keep Your Home Clog-Free
The best first step is to try to alleviate the clog with a plunger. Some clogs can be cleared through at-home remedies, such as pouring baking soda and vinegar down the drain to break up the debris. If that doesn’t work, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Morganton and we’ll come to take a look at the problem.
Our expert plumbing technicians will run common drain cleaning and sewer clean-out diagnostics including:
- Running a drain auger or snake through pipes to clear the blockage
- Using a camera to inspect pipes
- Determining the exact location of the problem
In cases where the clog or break is located outside of the home, we’ll locate the sewer clean-out and fix the problem from that location. In addition to clogs, it is common in older homes for tree roots to invade sewer lines and disrupt service.
Call a Reputable Plumbing Company in Morganton
At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Morganton, we take our good reputation seriously. We want every customer to be 100% satisfied with our drain and sewer cleaning services. In addition to performing sewer cleaning, we are also happy to provide education about what you should avoid flushing or putting down the drains so sewer cleaning can be less frequent. We’ll also advise you about conditions we notice that may be endangering the waste lines, such as trees that are too close to the main line. If you would like to hear from some of our former customers, you can read about their experiences in the Reviews.
To learn more about our sewer and drain cleaning services, call (800) 259-7705. As always, customers across Burke, Catawba, and Caldwell Counties are covered by our on-time service guarantee and straightforward pricing.