Plumbing Inspection and Diagnosis
The majority of most homes’ plumbing system is located beneath floors and behind walls, so it can be difficult for homeowners to know if and when something is wrong – but the damage can be tremendous.
That’s why having a local licensed plumbing professional to inspect and diagnose plumbing issues is important.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing – the Punctual Plumber® – provides professional home plumbing inspection and diagnosis services. We use advanced diagnostic tools to make sure your home plumbing is in top shape by identifying all issues and helping you rest easy and make an informed decision for any necessary repairs or replacements.
Suspect a plumbing issue in your home? Call our seasoned team of plumbing inspection and diagnosis experts today at (800) 259-7705 to schedule an appointment.
The Types of Plumbing We Inspect and Issues We Diagnose
We have experience working with all types of home plumbing pipes and appliances. Our inspection and diagnostic services include:
- Drain inspection
- Sink inspection
- Tub inspection
- Shower inspection
- Toilet inspection
- Garbage disposal inspection
- Water softener inspection
- Pipe inspection
- Septic inspection
- Sump pump inspection
- Sewer inspection
- Water heater inspection
- Gas line inspection
- Water line inspection
- Washing machine drain inspection
- Dishwasher drain inspection
- Refrigerator drain inspection
The Difference Between a Plumbing Inspection and Diagnosis
Both are plumbing system examinations. However, a plumbing inspection is more like a tune-up. This is usually preventative care like checking for signs of damage, testing various plumbing appliances, and making minor adjustments or a repair plan.
A plumbing diagnosis involves a more thorough inspection for a specific plumbing issue. If you have a leak, low water pressure, unusual smells, etc., a plumbing diagnosis will get to the root of the problem.
Our Plumbing Inspection Services
Just like any other heavily used system, it’s only a matter of time until something goes wrong with your plumbing. Some homeowners are lucky enough to only experience minor issues that are easily addressed before they become major problems. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is ready to conduct a thorough inspection of your plumbing to ensure these small problems don’t turn into major repairs.
During our plumbing inspection, we’ll check your plumbing for any issues including visible signs of damage like leaks, rust, cracks, drainage issues, or discoloration.
Once we locate any issues, our team will then only make repair suggestions that strengthen the integrity of your plumbing long-term.
Why Schedule a Plumbing Inspection?
Plumbing inspections don’t just help when you suspect an issue, but they also help maintain your plumbing long-term – catching problems early on. Other reasons to schedule one:
- You’re remodeling or installing a new plumbing system and need a rough-in plumbing inspection (the initial process of inspection needed for any plumbing project requiring permits, like a remodel or new build).
- You haven’t had your plumbing inspected in over five years.
- You’ve recently experienced a flood or natural disaster that resulted in damage to your home.
- Your plumbing isn’t working as efficiently but you’re not sure what the issue is.
- You want to maintain your plumbing and prevent costly repairs.
- Your water bill has gone up without an explanation.
- You think you’ve heard dripping, gurgling, or other odd noises behind a wall.
- You want to know what kind of pipes your system is made of and if they need to be replaced to avoid the leaching of hard metals into your water.
Our Plumbing Diagnosis Services
If you have a specific plumbing issue such as a leak, clog, or strange odors, our plumbers will complete a thorough diagnosis to find the root of the problem. This may include a plumbing camera inspection to properly identify hidden damage.
A diagnosis may also be necessary if, after completing a plumbing inspection, we notice signs of damage. We’ll then create a detailed report of the problems identified and walk you through all of your options. Because we focus on finding the root of the problem, we’re able to provide the most practical, long-term solutions with careful attention to your needs, budget, and preferences. From there, we’ll take care of the repairs, too.
Noticing Any of These Signs? You Could Have a Plumbing Problem
When you suspect that something isn’t right with your plumbing, you’re probably correct!
Signs of plumbing issues include:
- Decreased water pressure
- Bad odors
- Poor drainage
- Leaking pipes
- Loud pipes
- Audible dripping
Why You Should Hire Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for Your Plumbing Inspection
When you make an appointment with our team, you’re choosing America’s most Punctual Plumbers®. If There’s Any Delay, It’s You We Pay ™. Not only do we arrive on time, but we also work with fully stocked service vans to ensure that we can provide emergency repairs on the spot.
Our team is focused on your satisfaction. That’s why we back all our promises with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which means if you don’t love the work we do, we’ll come back and make it right.
Find Plumbing Inspection Near Me
Guarantee the right solution with the right inspection. You can rely on our licensed plumbers to correctly identify any plumbing issues in your home with our plumbing inspection and diagnostic services. Call (800) 259-7705, or request an appointment online.
Plumbing Inspection FAQs
How much does a plumbing inspection cost?
It depends on the type of inspection, the size of your home, and the extent of your plumbing system and appliances. For most standard visual inspections, the price ranges from $100-$200. However, a camera inspection can cost an additional $125-500 on average.
Is there a plumbing diagnostic fee?
Typically, a diagnostic fee is not added to your overall inspection costs, but rather included in the service and labor needed. The diagnostic fee cost will depend on many factors, including the plumbing issues uncovered, your location, and your service provider. For an accurate cost estimate of a plumbing inspection for your home, call your local Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.
How long does a plumbing inspection take?
Most standard plumbing inspections will take around two hours to fully check all plumbing and appliances in a home. This of course depends on the size of your home, additional inspection services needed, and overall access to your plumbing. If there are issues identified during the inspection, some may take more or less time to further diagnose.
How do you diagnose your plumbing problems yourself?
When it comes to plumbing troubleshooting, finding the root of the problem can be difficult. Some of the more obvious signs of needed repair and their diagnosis include:
- Cracks or leaks directly from a pipe or appliance indicate needed repair.
- Slow draining sinks often mean your drains need clearing or unclogging.
- Low water pressure in one fixture typically implies needed replacement, but all over the home could mean that your pressure valve or water line needs repair
Needless to say, there’s a lot that could go wrong with your plumbing, and diagnosing the issue isn’t usually straightforward for the average homeowner. Hiring a pro for inspection and diagnostic services will ensure that the issue is correctly identified and repaired.
- Did your plumbing diagnosis reveal plumbing issues in your home? Call us for plumbing repairs!
- Looking for professional installation after your rough-in plumbing inspection? We provide plumbing installation services.
- Do you know the issue is a leak, but you’re not sure where? We also offer leak detection services.
Resources You May Enjoy
- Why Home Inspections Are Important
- 6 Plumbing Upgrades to Make Before You Put You Sell Your Home
- Repairing Your Plumbing After a Flood
- Home Remodeling Guide – Plumber's Edition
Check with your local franchise; services may vary by location.
Repairs on the SpotOur trucks are fully stocked so we can fix most plumbing issues on the spot without a follow up visit. That's less time & money spent!
The Punctual PlumberWhen you don’t have time to wait around, you can count on us to be punctual plumbing professionals. For every minute we’re late, we pay YOU!*
Straightforward Pricing GuideBefore we get to work, we discuss your available options to let you decide which pricing works best for you. No hidden costs or technical jargon!