Water Heater Services
Water heaters make our day-to-day home routines easier and more enjoyable. Whether it’s for showers, cooking, cleaning, or laundering, on-demand hot water is a convenience we rely on. So, when your water heater breaks or is no longer meeting your needs, you need reliable plumbing experts to help.
For water heater repair, maintenance, installation, or replacement, your local Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is the team you should count on to get the job done right the first time.
Our licensed plumbers are experienced and up to date with the latest developments in the ever-changing water heater world.
Looking for a water heater technician near me? Call (800) 259-7705 to schedule your appointment today. We answer calls 24/7 and are available for same-day appointments.
The Types of Water Heaters We Service
There are plenty of hot water heater options, and we service all types*, including:
- Conventional tank water heaters: Also known as tank water heaters, these heaters use electricity or gas for fuel. They can heat anywhere from 20 to 100 gallons of water at a time. These units are less economical than modern tankless heaters.
- Tankless heaters: As the name suggests, these units don’t have holding tanks. This water heater uses super-heated coils to rapidly heat cold water and is fueled by natural gas or electricity. Not only are tankless water heaters faster and more efficient than their tank-reliant counterparts, but they also deliver an endless supply of hot water. Our Benjamin Franklin Plumbing GoHot tankless water heater provides as much hot water as you want while only being the size of a briefcase!
- Hybrid/heat pump water heaters: Powered mainly by an electric air-source heat pump contained inside the tank, these systems use a fraction of the energy that conventional water heaters do.
- Solar water heaters: These economical and environmentally friendly water heaters draw energy from the sun to heat water. They require no gas or electricity from the grid and can reduce your energy bills by 14% to 18%.
- Combination boiler water heaters: These combo units are designed to heat the home through radiant heating as well as provide hot water to plumbing fixtures.
- Point-of-use water heaters: These units provide hot water directly to individual plumbing fixtures. These have much smaller capacities and are generally less efficient than whole-home water heaters.
- Condensing water heaters: These have a second heat exchanger that captures most of the exhaust from a water heater before it’s ventilated. It then reuses that gas to preheat the cold water coming in. This way, water isn’t stored, but heated immediately – making it one of the most efficient options.
*Check with your local franchise, not all locations may install this item.
Our Water Heater Plumbing Services
Water Heater Repair
Just like any other machine, water heaters might have issues after regular use. This could be from worn down or faulty parts, corrosion, sediment buildup, a malfunctioning thermostat, or electrical connection issues. Whatever the reason, count on our licensed professionals for guarantee-backed water heater repair.
Some of the most common water heater problems we repair include:
- Unusual sounds
- Water leaks
- Issues with maintaining water temperature
- Random shutoffs
- Constant running
- High energy bills caused by an old, inefficient water heater
- Gas or carbon monoxide leaks
Water Heater Maintenance
Water heaters are used every day and should be maintained annually. Maintenance doesn’t just help prevent unexpected breakdowns; it also keeps warranties from voiding and can add years to the life of a unit.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing water heater maintenance includes:
- Routine flush
- Multi-point inspection
- Parts replacement
- Discounts on services and products
For regular maintenance services, join the Benjamin Franklin Society™. This includes regular water heater flushes, home plumbing inspections, priority scheduling, discounts, and more. We also offer different membership options to suit your budget and needs.
Water Heater Replacement and Installation
After a certain point, repairing a water heater is no longer cost-effective. Even if an old water heater still works, modern units offer significant energy savings which could make replacing an old water heater a great investment. Additionally, many new water heaters can prevent sediment from forming in their tanks, extending their life, and reducing the cost of maintenance.
When it comes time to install or replace a new water heater unit, our professionals will provide you with all the necessary information you need to select the right option for your home needs. Maybe switching from a gas water heater tank to an electric on-demand or heat pump water heater would be a huge upgrade for your home. We can help you figure it out and install additional gas lines or plumbing as needed. We can also help you schedule electrical hookup and upgrade services from our Authority Brands partner, Mister Sparky.
Why Choose Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for Water Heater Services?
Your locally owned and operated Benjamin Franklin Plumbing focuses on two things: doing the job right and providing an unparalleled customer experience. When you call us, you’ll get a local team of plumbers backed by the resources of a nationally recognized brand. We back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and always show up on time. Backed by our promise of being The Punctual Plumber®, if we’re late for any reason, we’ll refund a portion of your bill for every minute we’re late!
We help with every type of water heater service – no job is too big or too small. Our plumbers will never suggest more than you need and will always prioritize your preferences and your budget.
Hot Water Heater Services Near Me
Water Heaters FAQs
How long does a water heater last?
Traditional water heaters usually last between 8-10 years, but this can vary depending on regular maintenance and overall use. Tankless units, however, can last up to 20 years depending on the care they receive.
How often should you drain your water heater?
At least once a year, you should have your water heater drained and flushed to remove sediment buildup. Some units may need more or less frequent flushes depending on water hardness levels, and overall use and maintenance. Count on our licensed plumbers to provide regular water heater flushes.
How long does it take to drain a water heater?
It depends on the size of your tank, but generally, it will only take between 15-45 minutes to drain a water heater. When you hire Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, we let you know right away what to expect and how long our services should take.
- Water Heater Repair Service
- Water Heater Replacement & Installation Service
- Tankless Water Heater Services
Resources You May Enjoy
- Maintain Your Water Heater to Extend Its Life
- Tips For Choosing a New Hot Water Heater
- 7 Signs It’s Time for a New Water Heater
Check with your local franchise, services may vary by location.
Repairs on the SpotOur trucks are fully stocked so we can fix most plumbing issues on the spot without a follow up visit. That's less time & money spent!
The Punctual PlumberWhen you don’t have time to wait around, you can count on us to be punctual plumbing professionals. For every minute we’re late, we pay YOU!*
Straightforward Pricing GuideBefore we get to work, we discuss your available options to let you decide which pricing works best for you. No hidden costs or technical jargon!