It's Time to Winterize
This time of year, winterizing your plumbing pipes is very important to prepare your home for freezing temperatures and prevent breaks and leaks. Follow these steps so you don't fall victim to plumbing damage this winter!
- Open all drain valves and all taps. A closed tap could create a vacuum that will hold water inside of pipes. All valves and taps should remain open throughout the winter.
- Flush toilets to remove as much water as you can from the tanks and the toilet bowls. If all water cannot be removed, add anti-freeze to prevent any water from freezing and cracking the toilet.
- Shut off the main water valve, turn off the water pump and water heater. This will protect heating elements in the water heater when there is no water inside the tank.
- Check all sink and tub drains that could have drain traps. Add some antifreeze on each one of them to prevent water from freezing and cracking in the traps.
- If you have a plumbing emergency such as a pipe break, immediately find the source and shut it off, then call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing! We are available 24/7 and have the expertise to help.
"If there's any delay, it's YOU we pay!" Call us today at (979) 464-5739! Serving the Bryan College Station areas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing College Station provides some helpful BCS plumber tips.