The water heater is an essential appliance in our homes, and when water heater repair in Auburn, AL is necessary, a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumber in Auburn, AL can provide the prompt service you need. Our licensed plumbers provide repair, installation and replacement of all types of water heaters.The Basics
While there are different types of water heaters, the two most common are the conventional water heater and tankless water heaters. In addition, water heaters are fueled by electricity, natural gas or propane. Water heaters are typically replaced with the existing type, and capacity.
When replacing a water heater you will need to consider a few factors besides power or gas, and the capacity. These factors include:
- The energy efficiency rating is displayed prominently on the appliance, and lists the estimated annual energy cost. Purchase the highest efficiency your budget will allow to save on energy costs.
- The capacity of a conventional water heater should be adequate to ensure your household hot water needs are supplied.
- Flow rate is an important factor in a tankless water heater.
- The recovery rate is the number of gallons the water heater will heat in a specified time. In other words, recovery rate is the amount of time you will have to wait for a new tank of hot water with a conventional tank style of water heater.
- Water heater dimensions are the measurements of the appliance. With new regulations in place water heaters are taller and wider than previously. Measure the space available, ensuring the new appliance will fit in the space provided, including the access door if applicable. When you contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber for water heater replacement, we can take care of it for you.
- A tankless water heater in Auburn, AL provides endless hot water, although it does require proper sizing for your hot water needs. Not all homes are a candidate for a single tankless. A Benjamin Franklin plumber can assist you in the selection of the water heater that best meets your household hot water needs.
- When exchanging an electric water heater for a gas water heater, only trust a licensed plumber with the job to ensure a proper installation, and your safety. Working with gas lines is extremely hazardous, and requires a gas certified, licensed plumber with the experience and knowledge of working with gas lines. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for water heater repair in Auburn, AL.
- Hard water can lead to the accumulation of sediment in the water heater. Signs may include rumbling, or popping noises from the water heater, and increased recovery time and rising energy costs. Flushing the water heater can assist in preventing this. Numerous homeowner's provide the flush themselves, while others prefer a professional job by a Benjamin Franklin plumber. A professional flush offers the advantage of the plumber already being present when water heater repair in Auburn, AL is required.
- While discolored water can be due to a number of factors, corrosion inside the water heater is a possibility. When this occurs, a leak can occur at any time, resulting in severe damage to your home, and its foundation. Replacement is the only solution for a corroded and/or leaking tank, as these problems cannot be helped by water heater repair in Auburn, AL.
If you are experiencing water heater problems, contact a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing licensed plumber. Our plumbers have the expertise to provide reliable water heater repair in Auburn, AL, and a broad range of other plumbing services. We serve Auburn, and Opelika, AL, Columbus, GA, and the surrounding areas. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.