Sump Pump Services in Charlotte, NC
Living in Charlotte, NC, we understand that sump pumps are crucial in safeguarding your home from severe weather and potential plumbing emergencies. Ensuring your sump pump is in top condition is key to maintaining this essential line of defense.
At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Charlotte, our certified plumbers are experts in preventing sump pump failures. For comprehensive sump pump maintenance and emergency repair services, trust our local Charlotte team.
Looking for emergency sump pump repair in Charlotte, NC? Call (704) 802-1379.
Charlotte's Trusted Sump Pump Service Provider
We service all types of sump pumps, including:
- Submersible pumps are typically quieter as they sit in or under the water they’re pumping.
- Pedestal pumps are positioned above the water using a stand, making them easier to reach, maintain, and repair.
Our Sump Pump Services in Charlotte
Sump Pump Installation
In Charlotte, where heavy rains can be frequent, sump pumps are crucial for preventing flooding and assisting overwhelmed drainage systems. The right pump for your home depends on Charlotte's local water table, your preferences, maintenance expectations, and budget. Our team offers expert advice and top-quality installation. Learn more about our sump pump installation services.
Sump Pump Maintenance
Regular testing and maintenance are the best ways to ensure your pump is ready for an emergency. Our sump pump maintenance services in Charlotte include:
- Removing standing water
- Clearing dirt and debris
- Inspecting the discharge pipe
- Testing float switch functionality
- Lubricating bearings
- Testing electrical connections
- Testing battery backup
Sump Pump Repair
When a sump pump fails, the consequences can be severe. That's why our Charlotte team is available 24/7 for emergency sump pump repairs. Common sump pump issues we repair include:
- Broken float switches
- Clogged pump intakes
- Improperly set float switches
- A lack of backup power
- Faulty check valve
- Pumps that continuously run
Every home in Charlotte has unique sump pump needs due to varying water levels, flooding risks, and basement depth. Our locally owned and operated franchise ensures that we offer solutions tailored to your specific sump pump type and needs.
Find Sump Pump Services in Charlotte, NC
Prevent flood damage with emergency sump pump services from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Charlotte. Our reliable team is available 24/7 to address your backup sump pump needs. Call (704) 802-1379 or request an appointment online.
Sump Pump FAQs
Why is my sump pump so loud?
Generally, pedestal pumps are louder than submersible models. However, unusual noises could indicate issues, including:
- Dirt or debris clogs
- Frozen pipes
- Damaged parts
- Clogged or dirty filter
- Jammed impeller
- Incorrect level settings
- Improper pipe positioning
- Improper pump sizing
If your sump pump is making unusual noises, call our Charlotte plumbing experts for a professional fix.
How do I test a sump pump?
To test your sump pump:
- Pour a five-gallon bucket of water into the sump pit.
- Check that the sump pump properly drains the water.
- For battery backup-powered pumps, disconnect the power and repeat these steps.
- Check that the sump pump properly relies on the backup battery and drains the water.
If your sump pump isn't working correctly, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Charlotte for sump pump services.
How often should a sump pump be serviced?
We recommend having your sump pump inspected and tested by a service professional at least once a year. However, you should also check your pump every 3-4 months to ensure it's working properly. Call our Charlotte experts for maintenance or repair services if it's not.
What should I do if my sump pump fails?
If your sump pump fails, call us for emergency service at (704) 802-1379.
Follow these steps if instructed:
- Test the power by checking that the outlet works properly for other devices.
- If that doesn’t work, manually test the float switch. To access it, use a bucket to remove excess water from the pit (and to help prevent further water damage).
- Check that the float switch is not dislodged or jammed and lift it.
- Check that debris or foreign objects aren’t clogging your pump.
- If this doesn’t work, turn off the power to your sump pump and check the impeller for a clog. You’ll need to remove the screen at the bottom of the unit.
- If this doesn’t resolve the issue, there’s likely a malfunctioning part or leak. In this case, keep your system off and wait for a service professional.
Resources You May Enjoy
- Why Does My Sump Pump Keep Running?
- When Is It Time to Replace a Sump Pump?
- Keep Your Sump Pump Clean, It’ll Keep You Dry
Check with your local franchise; services may vary by location.
Repairs on the SpotOur trucks are fully stocked so we can fix most plumbing issues on the spot without a follow up visit. That's less time & money spent!
The Punctual PlumberWhen you don’t have time to wait around, you can count on us to be punctual plumbing professionals. For every minute we’re late, we pay YOU!*
Straightforward Pricing GuideBefore we get to work, we discuss your available options to let you decide which pricing works best for you. No hidden costs or technical jargon!