Plumbing is out of sight and out of mind for most people. Some never experience plumbing problems while others are always looking for ways to DIY.
Whatever the case is, as a homeowner, we understand that there is a lot on your plate. Plumbing headaches are one thing you’re sure to avoid. But you could be making plumbing mistakes and not even know it!
Here is a list of 5 plumbing mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Flushing the wrong items down the toilet. Be cautious of items that say flushable. Although you might think that gives you free control to flush it down, that’s not always the case. Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper and waste.
- Putting harsh chemicals down the drain. Have a slow drain? While it might be easy to grab a liquid drain cleaner, what you don’t realize is how harsh those chemicals are. Over time, those toxic chemicals can eat away at your pipes. Opt for safer methods like vinegar and baking soda, using a snake, and pouring boiling water down the drain.
- You could be paying too much for water. Has your water bill gone up while your usage has remained the same? You may be paying too much. Have a professional plumber take a look at your system. They’ll check for leaks that could really eat into your bill and have the potential to damage your home. An experienced plumber will also make recommendations for more water-efficient fixtures to help cut down on your water bill.
- Not consulting a professional plumber. When it comes to plumbing, do not DIY. There are many components to plumbing, of which you may not be aware. There are also special tools and equipment that are required to do the job correctly and safely. Not to mention, plumbers go through years of apprenticeship and training to become licensed and insured.
- Don’t ignore the little things. Weird noises and smells coming from your pipes drains, plumbing fixtures, and appliances should not be ignored! It could be something small or it could be a disaster waiting to happen. Either case, you want to remedy the situation right away to avoid costly repairs and damage.
Plumbing Help in South Jersey
When it comes to plumbing help in Atlantic County, the choice is clear! Choose Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for prompt, professional, and thorough plumbing repairs and maintenance. We’re available any day of the year and we also make emergency visited 24/7 to better serve you. Schedule service with Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Pleasantville today!