On January 30, the Dallas Morning News ran a piece on how to make sure your Super Bowl party doesn’t go down the drain, with the material for the article supplied by your friends at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Dallas. As stated in the article, we get a lot of calls for drain cleaning on Super Bowl Sunday as people across the area host game watching parties in their homes. Here are some tips from the article to help make sure your drains survive without you needing expensive repairs from Ben Franklin Dallas.
- Make sure your guests don’t pour fats, grease, large scraps of food or bones (yes, we’ve seen it happen) down your garbage disposal. When grease mixes with water, a major clog can result which will necessitate drain cleaning. And we don’t have to tell you what type of damage bones can do to your disposal.
- Make sure you and your guests use paper towels to wipe excess grease off of plates.
- Before and after you use your disposal, run water for a few seconds to help flush the line.
- Tell your guests to use the trash can for items that shouldn’t be flushed. Not that they would try to flush scraps of food down the toilet, but you can’t be too careful.
- Stress that the bathroom is available for the whole game, and not just during halftime. That way your plumbing won’t be overloaded all at once.
- If you do have a problem, call an expert. Don’t try to use a plunger, because that could damage your pipes.
Don’t hesitate to call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Dallas if you have drain cleaning or any other kinds of plumbing issues on Super Bowl Sunday. Call us at (972) 895-7775 to schedule an appointment. How will you spend Super Bowl Sunday? Let us know by reaching one of these social media pages icons added below.