You drink it, bathe in it, wash your clothes with it and feed your plants with it. Water is an essential part of your everyday life. Therefore, you should make sure you are getting the most out of it. Good water quality means water free of harmful chemicals. There are several things homeowners can do and other ways professionals can help. We at Ben Franklin know how to provide you with the best H2O possible.
What You Can Do
There are simple measures a homeowner can take to help improve their water quality and the quality of water in their area. Contamination can happen at a regional and a local level. Taking even small steps can make the water in your area better:
- Do one water-related activity at a time; in other words, don’t run the dishwasher while you are doing laundry
- Avoid flushing medications down the drain
- Choose non-toxic household cleaning products
- Avoid using pesticides and chemical fertilizers
What We Can Do
There are some things professional plumbers can do to help improve water quality as well. Some solutions can even save money on soaps and detergents, because they eliminate build-up which can harm appliances that use water. A plumber can:
- Evaluate your plumbing and filtration system to identify any issues
- Install a water conditioning and softening system to dissolve minerals
- Recommend which type of conditioning/softening system best suits your needs
At Ben Franklin, we understand having clean water is important to keep you and your family safe. Call us at (972) 895-7775 to learn how we can improve your water today.