A clogged toilet is an annoying problem, and when it is a repetitive problem it is even more so. You may have considered replacing the toilet, and the fact is replacement may or may not correct the problem. Determining the cause will answer whether a toilet replacement is required or toilet repair. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg can provide the accurate diagnosis of the cause and provide effective toilet repair.
The Causes for a Clogged Toilet
There can be a number of causes for a clogged toilet. Furthermore, a toilet that will not flush is not always due to a clog in the toilet. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg can provide a solution for your toilet issues.
The toilet was engineered for flushing human waste and toilet paper only. If you are flushing everything else down the toilet, a clog is almost guaranteed. Common items that cause a toilet clog include, but are not limited to:
- Food-The toilet is neither a garbage can or a kitchen disposal. Dispose of food and grease in the trash.
- Feminine hygiene products-One of the biggest causes of toilet clogs. Always dispose of these products in the trash.
- Personal and baby wipes-Although products may claim to be flushable, they are often slow to disintegrate and cause clogs. Dispose of them in the trash.
- Cotton balls & cotton swabs-These products will cause slogs. Swabs with their cardboard or plastic sticks lodge in toilet catching other debris and create a blockage. Dispose of them in the trash only.
- Dental Floss-An additional item that doesn’t disintegrate and will cause clogs.
- Diapers-These will lodge fast in a toilet. They absorb water and are large to begin with. Dispose of only in the trash.
- Excess or inappropriate toilet paper- Large amounts of paper can result in a clog. However, be cautious of the brand as require a longer time to disintegrate. Test a brand by placing a square in a clear glass of water and swish for a few seconds. Toilet paper less prone to clogging should disintegrate quickly.
- Toilet scrubbing pads-Like personal wipes they do not all disintegrate as claimed. The best practice for preventing toilet clogs is to flush only human waste and toilet paper. Place everything else, regardless of its claims in the trash is the best practice.
- Toys-Teach curious little one that toys do not belong in the toilet for any reason.
- Discarded makeup-Place in the trash. Not only can the oily residue and dyes mean cleaning the toilet, but clogs can occur.
- Medication-This one is a resounding “No”! Pills and capsules often stick together to form solid blockages. Furthermore, even if the medication is a liquid do not flush it. Across the nation over the counter and prescription drugs are increasingly showing up in the water we drink. It is causing illness, cancer, miscarriages, deformities in the unborn and even death. Check with local pharmacies about discarded medication programs.
Other Reasons for Blockages
When clogging suddenly occurs unexpectedly, consider the potential cause. For example, have you recently changed brands of toilet paper.
When toilet clogging is accompanied by slow or clogged drains elsewhere in the home, it indicates a potential sewer line problem. Our Sugar Land plumbers can provide a solution for the problem causing a clogged toilet. Call today to schedule service.
If the toilet gurgles when flushed or when a nearby washing machine empties, this can be a sign of sewer line problems or a clogged plumbing vent. Contact our Sugar Land plumbers for an effective solution.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg can handle of all of these problems and more. Our licensed plumbers can inspect your drains and sewer line with a video pipe inspection. With this inspection using a high definition video camera delivering an image in real time, our plumbers can identify the problem and its precise location, and the professional repair required.
Toilets can work for ages and the majority of issues can be repaired. However, there are situations when it is necessary, and others where it is a logical decision to to contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg for toilet replacement:
- Older low-flow toilets do not work as well as they should. They often require multiple flushes which completely undermine efficiency. Modern low-flow toilets no longer experience this problem and flush efficiently.
- Saving water is easier than ever with efficient toilets that consume as little as 1.28 gallons per flush. According to WaterSense, you can save almost 13,000 gallons of water per year with a new WaterSense approved toilet installation.
- A crack in the porcelain of the toilet tank or bowl means it will need to be replaced. Even a crack that is not all the way through the porcelain can change in a moment, allowing water to leak and damage the home and its foundation. Do not risk it, contact our plumbers in Sugar Land for toilet replacement.
- A bathroom remodel is planned. Modern toilets offer a number of desirable features such as soft close lids, motion sensor lids, dual flush, heated seats and more. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg can provide installation for you.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg offers professional Sugar Land plumbers. We have on-call emergency plumbers twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and three hundred and sixty five days a year for your convenience. Our experienced and friendly expert Sugar Land plumbers provide on time plumbing related services to not only Houston but Katy, Rosenberg and Sugar Land Texas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber to make repairs, maintenance, or installation services then you need to look no further than Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg.
Ben Franklin Plumbing is a leading local plumbing company with high standards of service that you can rely on. When you contact us you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best plumbing services in the area. Our commitment to service and excellence is reflected in our rock solid A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have a plumbing related problem in your home or business and you need help, do not hesitate to reach out to us today. One of our professional and friendly Sugar Land plumbers will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment with you to assess the problem and resolve it at your earliest convenience. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg a call today if you are looking for professional Sugar Land plumbers. If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay.