Pipes will eventually deteriorate due to age and/or corrosion. Having your home’s worn pipes replaced with modern material is the process of repiping. Rusting galvanized steel pipe can develop interior blockage from rust and sediment. The water quality from pipes affected by these factors can be questionable. New plumbing corrects these problems and provides peace of mind, knowing that additional leaks will not be forthcoming with the installation of new pipes by a professional plumber in Katy.
As pipes accumulate age, especially if your home is piped with outdated galvanized pipe, homeowners are well advised to recognize the signs that it is time to repipe. Water leaks can be devastating to your home and its foundation, causing costly damage and health threatening mold and mildew. Being alert to the following signs and following up with repiping by a qualified plumber in Katy before extensive damage occurs will be to the homeowner’s advantage:
- Low water pressure throughout the home can be an indication of corrosion and blockage building up within the pipe interior, and may include the water main entering the home. Once corrosion has set in, the problem will escalate until leaks occur and/or water can no longer be efficiently delivered. At this point, repiping is the only solution for pipes in this condition.
- Red or brown discolored water is a sign of corroded pipes and is typical of outdated galvanized pipe that will rust away. The installation of new plumbing installed by a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Katy will stop water contamination and poor water quality.
- Frequent water leaks are common in aging pipes in need of replacement by a professional plumber in Katy. Over time, any pipe will deteriorate with age. Water chemistry may also contribute to the premature decline of pipes. Once leaks occur, they are likely to become more frequent. Repiping is the solution for preventing leaks.
- If you find yourself having to provide an unusual amount of faucet repair, it may be due to debris being flushed through the water line due rust scale and/or sediment deposits from hard water. The rust and scale that builds up within the pipe interior can cut washers and other susceptible components, leading to a leaky faucet.
- If your pipes are getting on in age, consider repiping. The deterioration of pipe material and corrosion is more likely to be present in older pipes, and it only grows worse over time. All pipe materials deteriorate with age, and water chemistry can hasten this decline.
Reasons to Repipe
- Leaks can result in potentially severe damage to your home and its foundation. The cost of repairing damage from leaks can be significantly more than repiping.
- Repiping improves water quality, eliminating the issues of years of sediment and rust and the potential growth of bacteria on blockages.
- Leaks promote the growth of mold, and mildew, including black mold which is a major threat to you and your family’s health.
- Repiping increases your home’s value. An important factor to consider if you plan to sell in the near future.
- Repiping can stop noisy pipes.
All homes will eventually require repiping. Selecting a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Katy for repiping will ensure an efficient and professional installation.
Pipe installation by a Benjamin Franklin professional plumber in Katy has the added benefit of being more reliable than DIY plumbing, is assured of being up to code and provides the peace of mind that comes from a professional installation. When you need professional repiping, or other plumbing service contact a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Katy. We serve Katy, Sugar Land, Houston and the surrounding areas with reliable plumbing services. We are a member of the BBB with a consistent A+ rating.