Toilet Clog & Leak Repair in Niceville
Toilets are sturdy and dependable appliances that normally operate for years without any problems. Still, when your toilet starts leaking or won’t flush properly, it needs to be fixed quickly. Plungers are handy, but sometimes they don’t work, and harsh chemicals may damage your plumbing system. If you experience toilet leaks, clogs or other issues, call the professional plumbers at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Niceville for complete toilet replacement, installation, and repair services.
A toilet leak is a serious problem that should be addressed immediately. Here are some of the most common toilet problems we repair regularly.
- Cracked toilet tank or bowl: Cracks in the porcelain may cause small leaks at first, but they’ll get progressively worse under the pressure of the water. If they’re small, some cracks can be sealed, but replacing the entire unit may be a better option.
- Corrosion and rust: Corroded sewer pipes are quite common in older homes. Rust and other impurities can cause pipes to deteriorate from the inside out.
- Leaks around the base: A toilet base usually isn’t caulked, so you’ll know if there’s a problem with the wax ring. If you notice water accumulating at the base of your toilet, the wax ring probably needs to be replaced.
- Broken float assembly: Your toilet’s float assembly controls the flow of water in the unit. If it’s broken or loose, you’ll waste thousands of gallons of water, and you may experience an overflow in the tank.
A toilet clog is aggravating because it’s hard to troubleshoot. If obvious techniques don’t work, you’ll need to call a professional plumber. Here are a few of the most common toilet clog problems we fix every day.
- Waste: Some people mistakenly use their toilet as a disposal for floss, cotton balls and other items. This material becomes lodged on irregular surfaces inside your plumbing, which can cause a major clog.
- Flushing inappropriate items: Your toilet has only one purpose, which is to remove human waste. Throwing paper towels, hygiene products, baby wipes and diapers into your toilet can cause serious clogs since these products do not dissolve.
- Excessive Material: Flushing large quantities of feculence and toilet paper during one bathroom episode can create a very nasty toilet clog. If there’s a need to use a large amount of toilet paper at a single event, consider a courtesy flush.
- Roots: Trees are always looking for new water sources. If your toilet and other drains are backed up, roots have probably invaded your sewer pipe.
Call the Toilet Leak and Clog Expert
A leaking toilet or clogged drain can be hard to locate and difficult to correct. If you have a plumbing problem that can’t be easily fixed in your Niceville, Fort Walton Beach, Gulf Breeze, Panama City and the surrounding area home, call for an appointment today.