Piping & Repiping Services in Minneapolis
Professional and Local Plumbing Solutions Near You
Pipes are important and durable plumbing components that help clean water travel to (and take the wastewater away from) your property. When your pipes malfunction because of damage or age, your health may be at serious risk. Your pipes need attention immediately if you suspect a significant issue, and Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Greater Minneapolis is here—ready and willing to help!
Our Minneapolis plumbers perform piping and repiping services for various reasons, whether you have decades-old plumbing that needs to be replaced or your new construction requires adequate pipes for longevity. We make recommendations regarding the piping material that would work best for your home and lifestyle.
We assess your current plumbing (if necessary), provide detailed information about the issues, and recommend affordable options for pipe installation. You can rely on our emergency plumbers for accurate and meticulous piping and repiping services in Minneapolis.
How Long Do Pipes Last?
Did you know that most pipes have a lifespan of 40 years or more, depending on the material? Some piping material is no longer used, as more durable products have replaced it to meet water pressure and safety demands.
The average lifespan of common piping materials includes the following:
- CPVC usually has a shelf life between 50 and 75 years in optimal conditions and with regular upkeep. Still, after about 15 years, some homeowners may notice issues and find cracks.
- Copper pipes can operate for up to 50 years because they aren’t prone to leaks, and the fittings are extremely secure when installed properly.
- Galvanized iron is found in many homes built before 1960 as an alternative to lead piping. It usually has a lifespan between 50 and 65 years. This means your piping is likely overdue for replacement.
- Galvanized steel was also a safer option for lead piping that lasted around 40 to 50 years. Still, galvanized steel pipes are no longer installed in homes because corrosion and rust over time can result in contaminated water that can cause significant health issues.
- Brass is what modern-day piping looks like. Newer homes are retrofitted with brass piping because it’s corrosion-resistant and operates for up to 40 years without issues.
If you’re unsure about the piping material you currently have or need product recommendations for repiping services in Minneapolis, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Greater Minneapolis is here to support you with information and guidance.
Pipe Leaks and Piping Repair
Plumbing is typically very durable; however, it will need to be replaced after several decades because of age and/or damage. From tree roots seeking a water source to lack of pipe insulation, there are various reasons your plumbing may experience pipe leaks and need repair. Our emergency plumbers are ready to offer affordable alternatives to resolve pipe problems immediately. Contact us ASAP to assess your pipes, determine the issues, and resolve them promptly and accurately.
3 Signs You May Have Pipe Damage
Pipe damage can come in many different forms, creating insufficient plumbing that can put your health at risk. Still, before there’s a severe issue, your pipes will provide indicators so that a professional can handle minor problems before they become larger.
Common signs that your pipes may need to be replaced include:
- Low Water Pressure – Mineral deposits build up frequently in metal pipe material resulting in blocked passageways that significantly affect water pressure.
- Water Leaks – When plumbing begins aging, weak points in the material can cause leaks that become more frequent. Often, resulting in mold or water damage.
- Discolored Water – Rust or corrosion can develop inside your pipes, producing rust-colored or brown water that is dangerous to ingest. The rust can travel through the pipes into the faucets and other fixtures.
The Benefits of Fixing or Replacing Your Pipes
Just because your plumbing is out of sight doesn’t mean it should be out of mind. No one wants to deal with unclean water because pipes operate past their prime. When you trust our dedicated Minneapolis plumbers to repair damage or replace pipes, you gain the following.
Everyone needs clean water to survive. After all, water is used for almost everything, from showering to cooking. When you have pipe issues, it can seriously impede clean water and put your loved ones at risk of serious health problems.
Better Tasting Food
One of the first ingredients in most food is water. Can you imagine if the water had rust or debris in it? It would significantly affect the taste. Efficient plumbing and updated pipes can help enhance the taste of your food overall and improve skin, hair, and nails.
Longevity is extremely important when it comes to pipes. No one wants to deal with plumbing that lasts only a decade or fewer. Repairing pipe damage or replacing pipes can improve plumbing performance and keep your plumbing operational for several decades.
Choose Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Greater Minneapolis for All Your Piping & Repiping Needs!
Other emergency plumbing companies promise exceptional service and experience, but did they actually follow through? At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Greater Minneapolis, we offer upfront pricing, a detailed assessment process, honest estimates, courteous plumbers, and a customer-focused experience. All this means your needs are our priority, and we show this in everything we do.