Water Conditioning Services in Connecticut
Local Water Conditioning Services in Manchester, Middtletown & Beyond
Water goes a long way before reaching our home plumbing systems. Most of our drinking water comes from natural sources like lakes and rivers, and before making it to the public water supply, it must be treated with chlorine to kill bacteria. Chlorine in the public water supply is a good thing; it’s the best way to safely clean massive amounts of water. But once chlorine has done its job for the public water supply, you can remove it from your home’s plumbing system with professional conditioning services from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Andover.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Andover Water Conditioning Service Offerings
Water Softening Services
Water softening is the process of removing Totally Dissolved Solids (TDS) from water via ion exchange. Simply put, ion exchange removes solid materials like magnesium, calcium, and iron from your water. “Soft” water will help to extend the lifespan of your plumbing appliances.
Water Filtration Services
Even if you don’t mind the presence of chlorine and TDS in the water you use for bathing and cleaning, your drinking water is a completely different story. The same goes for cooking water. A water filtration system mounted on your kitchen faucet will purify any water you plan on ingesting. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Andover handles faucet repair and installation, so let us know if you want a mounted filter.
We also provide well services and plumbing equipment installation and repair services to ensure clean drinking water for all CT residents no matter where it comes from!
Water Filtration Systems Explained
The two most common ways to purify water are carbon absorption and reverse osmosis membranes.
- Carbon absorption uses activated carbon to eliminate chemicals, germs, and gasses from your drinking water to enhance its taste and smell. This is the method used by most home refrigerator filtration systems as well as the popular Brita water filter. This is a safe, easy, and effective way to purify water for drinking and cooking.
- Reverse osmosis membranes are used by most bottled water companies because it is the most practical way to remove virtually all contaminants from large volumes of water. The membrane is essentially your filtration system’s bouncer, as it only allows clean drinking water into the system and forces germs and solid materials to stay behind.
Benefits of Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Andover Water Filtration and Conditioning Services
- Cleaner drinking water for your family
- Better tasting and scent-free water
- No TDS leaving “water spots” and “soap scum” residue after cleaning
- Conditioned water increases the lifespan of your plumbing equipment
- Conditioned water is healthier for skin and hair when showering.
Need water conditioning help near New London, CT?
New London residents no longer have to worry about TDS, chlorine, and other unwanted particles in their drinking water. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Andover will lead you to clean, healthy drinking water with the help of our water conditioning services. Contact us today to request an appointment or to consult with one of our water conditioning experts. We are also available 24 hours a day for emergency service calls in Andover, Middletown, New London, Manchester and throughout Connecticut.
Repairs on the SpotOur trucks are fully stocked so we can fix most plumbing issues on the spot without a follow up visit. That's less time & money spent!
The Punctual PlumberWhen you don’t have time to wait around, you can count on us to be punctual plumbing professionals. For every minute we’re late, we pay YOU!*
Straightforward Pricing GuideBefore we get to work, we discuss your available options to let you decide which pricing works best for you. No hidden costs or technical jargon!