Andover Drain Services
Professional Drain Services To Restore Your Water Flow
As a property owner, there are a number of responsibilities and maintenance requirements you have to take care of. However, one of the most frustrating things to deal with is your plumbing system. Not only are clogged drains a nightmare, but they always occur at the most inopportune times. At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Andover, we offer professional drain services throughout Connecticut, including Manchester and Middletown, and can take care of all the plumbing issues you’d like to steer clear of.
Our expert plumbing technicians are highly trained and knowledgeable with years of experience in the industry. If you’re experiencing plumbing issues, you can trust our team to locate the root cause of the problem and come up with an efficient and cost-effective solution. Whether you need to replace or repair plumbing parts, our technicians will determine the best option for your situation with our comprehensive pipe plumbing services.
With our outstanding reputation as the leading drain services company in Windham County, CT, you can rest assured that you’re getting effective, high quality, and long-lasting solutions.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
Many homeowners would agree that clogged drains are one of the most common plumbing issues. While a clogged drain and blocked pipe can begin as a minor issue, if neglected or treated poorly, it can escalate into a more serious and costly problem. Calling Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Andover for professional drain services is the best way to treat your clogged fixtures and pipes.
Some common causes of clogged drains include:
- Hair — When your shower drain gets clogged, your first thought is likely that it’s because of hair. In most cases, this is certainly the case. Using a guard to catch hair is the best way to reduce the chances of buildup and serious clogs.
- Soap — Traditional bars of soap are made with grease or fat, and when combined with the minerals in the water, that can leave soap scum residue inside your pipes.
- Toilet Paper Buildup — If the water in your toilet fills up after you flush it, it’s likely clogged. While toilet paper is safe to go down the toilet, a significant amount of toilet paper can actually clog your drain and prevent your toilet from flushing.
- Food Waste — Food waste should be collected and thrown away in the garbage, not the garbage disposal. Many people let food waste fall down the sink without a second thought; however, being mindful of the items that travel down your drain can actually help prevent clogs. Fibrous vegetables, starchy food, and waste that doesn’t break down, like coffee grinds, can all wreak havoc on your sink pipes that will likely require professional drain clog services.
- Mineral Buildup — Hard water mineral deposits and calcium can build up and adhere to water fixtures. If this is a common issue in your household, consider installing a water softener to remove these minerals.
Preventative Maintenance: Stop Problems Before They Start
A vast majority of clogged shower drains can be resolved with preventative care. Not only can you prevent clogs by being mindful of what goes down your drains, but getting routine plumbing inspections will ensure your plumbing system is in good working order and functioning at full capacity. Our qualified plumbing technicians will keep your plumbing system in optimal condition, ensuring your appliances and pipes hold up for years.
At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Andover, our extensive list of services, like drain services and water heater services, make proper home maintenance a breeze. Whether your pipes need to be repaired or replaced, our expert technicians will determine the best solution for your plumbing system. Your home’s drains can be clean and clear for years to come — just give us a call today!