In consideration of the ever rising rate of inflation around the country, as consumers we can be very appreciative of the way many manufacturers continually work to improve and update their products to use less energy and resources. This helps reduce our carbon footprint in the world and not only helps the environment but can help reduce your monthly utility costs as well. If you are looking for plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas to assist you with your plumbing related problems, then consider contacting Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Houston, Texas now. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing services the greater Houston, Texas metropolitan area and surrounding cities.
The following below are some great tips that homeowners can use to help conserve on their water usage and related costs:
- Make sure to be cautious of using bleach and any other excessive cleansers that may enter your drains if you have a septic tank system. Bleach and some cleansers can and will kill beneficial bacteria, impairing the function of your septic tank system.
- Do not exceed 120 degrees Fahrenheit on your hot water heater system. A higher temperature is unnecessary and only wastes energy increasing your utility costs every month.
- Use reduced flow shower heads and this will help save 7-8 gallons per minute or even more.
- Install a new flapper or fill valve to your toilet to help save your water usage. Perhaps you simply need a new toilet which uses 1.6 gallons per flush or less. Some older toilets can use 7 gallons for each flush or more. If you would like professional help from plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas for installation and maintenance for your toilets, you can request for assistance from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Houston, Texas.
- If your home has a septic tank system, avoid bleach and some other detergents which can destroy the bacteria that your septic tank system needs to function as it should. Look for safe a septic tank certification on the package before you purchase any detergents.
- Repair any leaks in your home that you find. A faucet that leaks 1 drop per second can add up to 8,000 gallons of water wasted in as little as a years’ time. For water leaks and new faucet installation, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Houston, Texas has got you covered. Our professional and courteous plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas have all of the necessary parts on hand to deal with leaks and new faucet installation on hand. Whether you are in need of plumbing repairs, installation or maintenance you can count on Ben Franklin Plumbing.
If you are unable to find a leak choose a day when no one will be home for at least 8 to 10 hours. Read your water meter after everyone has left and none of your appliances are running that use water. Then 8 to 10 hours later when no water has been used recheck the meter reading. An increase in your meter reading indicates that you may have a possible leak. If there is no change then you can relax as this means that there is not a leak in your supply line or home. However, if you do find a leak and you need assistance in repairing it from professional and courteous plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas then give us a call now. Our Ben Franklin plumbers can take care of the leak in no time and get your plumbing back up to speed in no time.
If there is a leak and you are unable to find it then contacting your local plumber is your best resource in locating it before further damage can be done to your home. Ignoring a leak even if it is minor can lead up to hefty costs in repairs if the leak for example damages your homes’ slab.
If you are in the Sugar Land area and are in need of professional plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas for your plumbing needs then you need to look no further than contacting Benjamin Frankin Plumbing. Our plumbing technicians are professional, friendly and knowledgeable in their fields of expertise.
Whether, you are in need of leak detection, conventional hot water heater installation or repair or even are looking to have a tankless water heater installed in your bathroom then Benjamin Franklin Plumbing can help. Our professional and courteous plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas offer twenty four hours a day emergency service for residents within metro Sugar Land and surrounding areas.