If you’re experiencing a slow drain, a clogged drain or a drain that backs up it is time to call a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Sugar Land. Our professional plumbers have the experience, expertise, and equipment to properly diagnose and resolve your clogged drain problems.
Our plumbers utilize one of the plumbing industries newer technologies, a high-resolution video camera pipe inspection. The technology enables the plumber to view in real-time the interior of drain and sewer pipes for positive identification of a clog, broken or offset pipes or other conditions that may apply.
Tips for Drains
For clogged drains, try using vinegar and baking soda flushes to dislodge clogged materials. Pour 1 cup baking soda down the drain, followed by 1 cup of white vinegar. Plug the other sink drain before you begin. Allow to sit for a couple of hours, and follow by rinsing with a full sink of hot water.
You can also use a carbonated soda for a similar effect, as the acids in everyday soda can break down a number of drain clogging materials. While this may take care of minor clogs, more serious issues will require a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Sugar Land.
Clogged Drain or Sewer Line
When a problem is within the sewer line all drains and toilets will have poor or no drainage at all. When the problem is localized to a single drain, it is more likely a blockage in that location only. A Benjamin Franklin plumber in Sugar Land can clean your clogged drain or clogged sewer pipe, restoring free-flowing, efficient drainage and providing clean, odor-free drains.
Plunging a Clogged Sink
Using a sink plunger, fill the sink with 3 or 4 inches of water to provide a secure seal between the plunger and sink. Plunge steadily, and check the drainage. This may be repeated if necessary. If plunging doesn’t clear the clog, you will need the service of a plumber in Sugar Land.
It is easier for the homeowner to prevent clogs than it is to clear them. Observe the following to keep drains clog-free:
- Scrape plates clean in the trash and wipe clean with a paper towel to keep food bits and residue out of the drain. Use a drain strainer.
- Never allow fibrous or starchy food products such as celery or pasta to enter the drain. Always use a colander for draining rice, pasta, and vegetables. Better yet, use a sink strainer to catch the smaller bits that slip by.
- Cooking grease, fats and oils should be allowed to cool, and stored in a tightly sealed container. Dispose of in the trash or at a recycling center.
- Use a drain strainer to keep hair out of sinks, and showers where possible. This includes when you shave if the drain allows a strainer. Otherwise, use a basin to rinse the razor and dump it outdoors.
A toilet is designed to dispose of bath tissue and human waste only. Be cautious of bath tissue, which may clog a toilet, and can be bad for septic tank systems. Test your tissue by placing a few sheets in a clear glass and fill with water, and swirl for a few seconds. The tissue should break up into small pieces quickly. If the paper stays intact, select a different brand to avoid the need for a plumber in Sugar Land to unclog a toilet.
The following items are common causes of clogged toilets. Place them in the trash where they belong, to avoid clogs:
- Food belongs in the trash, not a toilet and will lead to messy clogs
- Feminine hygiene products of any type
- Rubber, plastic, or cardboard products
- Wipes, including personal, baby, and those that claim to be biodegradable
- Cotton swabs and cotton balls
- Dental floss or disposable dental picks
- Cosmetics and makeup applicators
- Paint or flammable products
Video Pipe Inspection
When you call for a Benjamin Franklin plumber in Sugar Land with drainage issues, our plumber will provide a video pipe inspection to identify and locate the problem. Once it is taken care of, our plumber will provide a free post video inspection to ensure the pipe is thoroughly clean and no other problem remains.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg plumbers have the expertise to efficiently resolve your clogged drain and provide for your home’s plumbing needs and efficient function. To receive a professional plumber in Sugar Land, schedule service today. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg provides exceptional plumbing repair and other plumbing services in Katy, Sugar Land, Houston, and the surrounding areas. We are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.