The components of plumbing are a part of your home’s normal daily operation. Unfortunately, the majority of homeowners tend to ignore their plumbing in Houston until a plumbing repair is needed, or even worse when the damage has occurred to the home’s structure due to a leak. Video pipe inspection provides a non-damaging means to reveal issues in the pipe before minor problems develop into larger issues, such as damaging leaks, for example.
A video pipe inspection utilizes the modern technology of a fiber optic line, a high definition video camera with lights, and a monitor for viewing in real-time. A professional plumber is able to navigate the camera through the sewer, pipe, or plumbing line to pinpoint the exact location of the issue by viewing the pipe’s interior.
What are the benefits of video pipe inspections?
Are you experiencing a slow drain, repetitive drain clogs or sewer backup? Perhaps you are ready to make an offer on a new home but want the drains and sewer inspected before you close the deal. These are a few of the reasons for considering a video pipe inspection on plumbing in Houston.
Video pipe inspection can safely reveal problems your plumbing in Houston such as misaligned pipes, leaks, blockage in drains, pipe corrosion, broken sewer lines, damage and more. The areas affected are identified quickly and precisely located without the need to remove whole sections of pipe, or digging up the lawn. This reduces the downtime of your plumbing, as well as labor charges.
Signs of Sewer Problems
- Sewer odor- Water in drain traps normally prevents sewer gases from entering your home. Vent pipes are another means of allowing sewer gases to escape to the outdoors. A vent pipe that is disconnected, clogged or damaged could allow sewer gases to enter the home.
- Backed-up sewer pipe- Blockages cause sewer line back-up. Causes of blockage include root intrusion, objects in the sewer line, grease build-up, and a damaged pipe.
- Greener patches of the lawn- If the sewer line is leaking sewage into the yard, grass may appear greener than in other parts of the lawn.
Video pipe inspection can identify the following sewer line issues:
- Root intrusion
- Leaking sewer line joints
- Cracks in the sewer line
- Bellied sewer line
- Blockage in the sewer line as from toys, grease build-up and other
- Separation of pipe joints
- Deteriorated pipes
- Crushed sewer pipe
- Video pipe inspection provides the depth and pinpoints the exact location of the problem saving time and money.
Once the video pipe inspection is complete, the plumber will be able to determine the best course of action for the repair of your plumbing in Houston. Once the repair is provided, a free follow-up video pipe inspection is provided to verify the like-new condition of the pipe after cleaning, and/or the effectiveness of the repair when the job is completed.
Video pipe inspections are especially useful for pipes that are beneath slab foundations, patios, drives, or other buildings. The precise location it provides of the issue enables repairs to be provided by disturbing only a very small area of the floor and foundation or the lawn if digging is required. In numerous cases of sewer or drain issues, no disturbance of the floor or foundation is required to provide the plumbing intervention needed.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg have the expertise to provide a professional repair, and to provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are experiencing issues with your home’s sewer or plumbing in Houston, fast action can help you to avoid costly and damaging plumbing issues. Contact us today at (281) 616-3978 to schedule an appointment.