Natural gas is generally an economical choice for homeowners. It powers furnaces, hot water heaters, gas logs, hot tubs and whole house generators to name a few. Having an annual inspection provided for your gas appliances ensures peak performance and maintains a safe and efficient operation. Frequently, gas line inspections are overlooked. Gas lines are subject to wear and tear from age, ground shifts, and other factors. When gas lines are neglected, they can pose life threatening dangers. Homeowners should call on a qualified plumber from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for an annual gas line inspection, and should only use licensed and qualified professionals to provide gas line installation or gas line repair in Houston.
Our Benjamin Franklin Plumbers offer the following gas line services:
- Gas Line Inspection
- Gas Leak Detection
- Pressure Testing
- Gas Line Repair in Houston
- Gas Line Installation
- Gas Line Replacement
Gas Line Safety
Homeowner’s and all occupants whose home use gas need to be aware of gas safety guidelines. Gas in its natural form does not have any odor. The odor of rotten eggs or garlic is added to enable it to be detected. If you smell gas observe the following:
- Do not attempt to locate the leak
- Do not turn any electrical appliances on or off.
- Do not smoke or use any open flames.
- Evacuate yourself and all occupants out of the house immediately. When all occupants are a safe distance away, call the utility company and 911. Do not use any phone from inside the house, or near any gas leak. Use a neighbor’s phone, or call from a safe distance out of a potential blast zone. If you continue to smell gas even at a safe distance, move further away.
- If a natural gas line is damaged when digging, call the gas utility provider immediately. Do not attempt to repair the line yourself. Utility providers will mark the location of a gas line for free. Call in advance of planned work.
- Homes using gas should always use carbon monoxide detectors on each floor of your home. Like your smoke detector, test the battery frequently to ensure operation.
- Have a gas certified professional provide an annual inspection of gas lines, appliances, vents, flues, and chimneys to ensure the proper exhaust of dangerous gases.
- Improperly installed gas lines and gas appliances can result in dangerous leaks. Use a licensed and gas certified plumber for installation, inspection and gas line repair in Houston to ensure your safety.
- Never use your oven to heat the house, damage may occur and carbon monoxide will accumulate in the home as gas stoves are not vented. Always use the hood fan that vents outside when cooking with a gas stove.
- Don’t sleep in a room heated by a gas or kerosene space heater that lacks proper ventilation, as deadly gases can build up and death can occur.
Our plumbers are gas certified licensed plumbers dedicated to your safety, satisfaction utilizing respect for your property and you. Whether you need gas line repair in Houston, installation, replacement or inspection, our plumbers will provide a professional job to ensure your peace of mind, as well as you and your family’s safety.
Avoid gas leak emergencies with Benjamin Franklin Plumbing
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing will respond promptly to your gas leak emergencies 24/7. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing backs all of its work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, or we redo it for free. Give Ben Franklin Plumbing a call for gas line repair in Houston, or any other plumbing services. We provide full plumbing services and offer 24 hour emergency services for your convenience. Ben Franklin Plumbing is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.