When your water pressure suddenly drops, you know you have a problem on your hand. Thankfully, we’ve put together a list to troubleshoot the issue.
Causes of Low Water Pressure
There are multiple reasons why the water pressure in your home has suddenly slowed down to a trickle. Here are some causes of low water pressure:
- Leaking pipes – visually inspect pipes for leaks
- Old corroded pipes – over time, old metal pipes can corrode to the point that is restricting water flow. There could also be debris or mineral deposits that are affecting the flow as well.
- Clogged fixtures – there could be a clog in a water faucet, shower, basin, or other plumbing fixture that may be affecting your water pressure.
- Pressure regular – the pressure regulator could be faulty.
- Water main valve – the main water valve may be the culprit if you’re experiencing low water pressure throughout your entire home.
- Others using water – sometimes, other people connected to the same water system as you can affect your water pressure.
- Faulty or broken hot water heater – A faulty water heater is a problem you should not ignore. It could lead to expensive water damage.
- Municipal water supply – check with your water supplier to see if there are any repairs being made or if the water has been reduced or shut off.
What To Do When Water Pressure is Low
After you’ve determined the cause or the source of the water pressure issue, there are few things you may be able to do on your own.
- Inspect your home for leaky pipes, faucets, plumbing fixtures, spigots, and appliances like your water heater.
- Make sure the main water valve is in the open position. If you’re unsure, consult a plumber.
If you’re not able to remedy the situation by yourself, it’s time to contact a professional plumber. Especially when dealing with a broken water heater, it’s something you should not DIY.
Local Plumber in Port St. Lucie
Looking for help with low water pressure in your home? Benjamin Franklin Plumbing in Port St. Lucie is your local plumber! Our skilled and licensed plumbers are ready to assist you any day of the week. Give us a call for plumbing repairs today at (772) 205-3132.