If you are worried about what’s in the water coming from your tap, you aren’t alone. Many people worry about ingesting the water they live within their homes and want to know if it is healthy or not. Instead of taking chances, many people buy bottled water to avoid the taste and smell of the tap water they that is in their home. If you live in West Palm Beach, FL, it may be time to get your water tested, so you have all the answers you want.
Things That Can Be in Your Water
- Chlorine is hazardous to your health, but it is used by water treatment facilities to make sure the water is purified enough for you to drink.
- Lead is toxic and found in a lot of tap water in the United States. The most common cause of having lead in your water is corroded plumbing pipes.
- Fluoride is still added to most tap water, and it was originally introduced to prevent tooth decay, but it does more harm than good.
- PCBs are chemicals that have caused cancer in animals as well as other health issues.
- Arsenic is poisonous and is found in a lot of water sources used by cities.
- Perchlorates are contaminants that can attack your thyroid.
This list is just the beginning of what you could find in your tap water. Until your water is tested, it is best to stick with another drinking water source. Bottled water and boiling water do not get rid of all the health hazards from drinking water. If you want to make sure your water is healthy enough to drink and bathe in, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of West Palm Beach to get your water tested and talk about whole home water filtration systems. Even if you have a water filter for your kitchen sink and drinking water, the toxins and bacteria in your tap water can still get into your skin and settle into your hair and clothing from washing. The safest choice if your water is contaminated is to have good water in each area of your home.