Water heaters provide an essential home service that most homeowners have come to expect. When it comes time for a new water heater installation, homeowners have many types from which to choose. Choosing a water heater should be done with considerations for your home, lifestyle and budget, as explained by our plumbers at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Dallas.
Tankless water heaters are also referred to as instantaneous water heaters. They offer many different advantages to homeowners, including:
- Virtually unlimited amount of hot water can be produced by the heater.
- Unit is small and can fit almost anywhere.
- Costs less to operate than a traditional water heater.
- Water is heated nearly instantaneously, with no need to wait.
Disadvantages of tankless water heaters include:
- Cost more than a conventional water heater to install.
- Longer payback period.
- Needs access to electrical or gas service lines.
Tank Water Heaters
Conventional tank water heaters have been the go-to source of hot water for homes for decades. The advantages of these units include:
- Inexpensive to install.
- Come in electric and gas powered options.
- Thermostat can be set to your preference.
- Come in different capacities to suit your family’s needs.
- Need to be replaced about every 7 years.
- Constantly draw power.
- Require several square feet of floor space for installation.
No matter which type of water heater you decide is best for your home, budget and lifestyle, our Dallas plumbers can install it for you. We offer convenient installation times and do all work accurately and on time. For specific information on makes and models of new water heaters for your home, call our plumbers at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing today.