Sump Pump Services in Wichita
Sump pumps play an important role in protecting your home from a plumbing emergency or severe weather. Taking preventive measures against sump pump failure is key to keeping this vital protection intact and keeping crawl spaces and basements safe from flooding.
The licensed Wichita plumbers at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing know exactly how to prevent sump pump failures. For long-term sump pump maintenance and emergency repair services, count on our team of experts.
Searching for emergency sump pump repair near me? Call (316) 768-8374.
The Sump Pumps We Service: All of Them
We service all makes and models of the two types of sump pumps, including:
- Submersible pumps sit in or under the water they’re pumping. This often means they’re quieter than pedestal models.
- Pedestal pumps are kept above the water using a stand. Pedestal sump pumps can be easier to reach, maintain, and repair.
Our Sump Pump Services
Sump Pump Installation
Sump pumps are useful for peace of mind in areas prone to flooding or assisting drainage systems unable to keep up with heavy rains.
Selecting the right type of pump for your home will depend on your area’s water table, preferences, maintenance expectations, and overall pricing. Our team offers expert advice and provides quality installation. Learn more about our sump pump installation services.
Sump Pump Maintenance
The best way to make sure your pump is ready for an emergency is through regular testing and maintenance. Because your sump pump spends long periods idle, it’s vital that you have your system regularly inspected and tested.
Our sump pump maintenance services include:
- Removing standing water
- Clearing dirt and debris
- Inspecting the discharge pipe
- Testing float switch functionality
- Lubricating bearings
- Testing electrical connections
- Testing battery backup
Sump Pump Repair
A sump pump is supposed to be the last line of defense against flooding. So, when one fails, the consequences are severe. That’s why our team is available 24/7 for emergency sump pump repairs.
Common sump pump issues we repair include:
- Broken float switches
- Clogged pump intakes
- Improperly set float switches
- A lack of backup power
- Faulty check valve
- Sump pumps that continuously run
Every home’s sump pump needs are different due to varying water levels, proneness to flooding, and basement depth. If your Kansas home’s needs are not adequately addressed, it could result in expensive damage. Our locations are locally owned and operated, which means that you can be certain that we offer solutions directly tailored to your sump pump type and needs based on the location of your home.
Find Sump Pump Services Near Me
Prevent flood damage with emergency sump pump services from Benjamin Franklin – The Punctual Plumber®. Our reliable team is available 24/7 to address your backup sump pump needs. Call (316) 768-8374 or request an appointment online.
Sump Pump FAQs
Why is my sump pump so loud?
In general, pedestal pumps are usually louder than submersible models. Unusual sump pump noises such as humming, grinding, banging, clanging, or gurgling could be a sign of issues, including:
- Dirt or debris clogs
- Frozen pipes
- Damaged parts
- Clogged or dirty filter
- Jammed impeller
- Incorrect level settings
- Improper pipe positioning
- Improper pump sizing
Attempting to troubleshoot the issue of your noisy sump pump can be difficult and lead to further damage. Call our local plumbing experts for a professional fix.
Can you tell me how to test a sump pump?
To test that your sump pump is working properly:
- Pour a five-gallon bucket of water into the sump pit.
- Check that the sump pump properly drains the water.
- For battery backup-powered pumps, disconnect the power and repeat these steps.
- Check that the sump pump properly relies on the backup battery and drains the water.
If you find that your sump pump isn’t draining the water or utilizing the backup battery properly, contact your local Wichita Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for sump pump services.
How often should a sump pump be serviced?
At least once a year, you should have your sump pump inspected and tested by a service professional. However, we also recommend that you check your pump every 3-4 months to make sure it’s working properly. If it’s not, call our experts for maintenance or repair services.
Can you tell me what to do if my sump pump fails?
If your sump pump fails, call us for emergency service at (316) 768-8374.
If instructed, follow these next steps:
- Test the power by checking that the outlet works properly for other devices.
- If that doesn’t work, manually test the float switch. To access it, use a bucket to remove excess water from the pit (and to help prevent further water damage).
- Check that the float switch is not dislodged or jammed and lift it.
- Check that debris or foreign objects aren’t clogging your pump.
- If this doesn’t work, turn off the power to your sump pump and check the impeller for a clog. You’ll need to remove the screen at the bottom of the unit.
- If this doesn’t resolve the issue, there’s likely a malfunctioning part or leak. In this case, keep your system turned off and wait for a service professional.
Resources You May Enjoy
- Why Does My Sump Pump Keep Running?
- When Is It Time to Replace a Sump Pump?
- Keep Your Sump Pump Clean, It’ll Keep You Dry
Call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Wichita to find out more about our pump installation and repair services. We answer calls 24/7 and are available for same-day appointments!
Check with your local franchise; services may vary by location.
Repairs on the SpotOur trucks are fully stocked so we can fix most plumbing issues on the spot without a follow up visit. That's less time & money spent!
The Punctual PlumberWhen you don’t have time to wait around, you can count on us to be punctual plumbing professionals. For every minute we’re late, we pay YOU!*
Straightforward Pricing GuideBefore we get to work, we discuss your available options to let you decide which pricing works best for you. No hidden costs or technical jargon!