Unfortunately, water leaks can happen at any time and when they do, they can happen at the most inconvenient of times. Many homeowners do not put that much thought into preventative maintenance with their plumbing or even to the telltale signs that can notify you that there may possibly be a leak. Plumbing tends to be just one of those things that are put off and ignored until a problem happens and only then will it be fixed. However, there are many cases where a water leak is possible but completely unnoticeable until the upcoming water bill comes in letting a homeowner know there is something dreadfully wrong. Underground water leaks are one of these types of leaks and they can be very damaging and exceptionally costly to not only the home’s plumbing in Houston, TX but to the home itself if they have been left unchecked for too long.
Underground water lakes can bring about a large slew of issues if they are not taken care of immediately. If you are lucky and catch it in time it may just be an inconvenience, however, if left unchecked, it could cause anything from sinkholes to damage to the home’s foundation. Luckily there are signs that can let you know that you may possibly have an underground water leak and it would be wise for every homeowner to familiarize themselves with these clues in order to prevent some of the costly problems that can arise if they are left unattended too.
Do You Have an Underground Water Leak? Here are the Clues.
- If it hasn’t rained recently and you notice that there is a patch or patches in the lawn that have standing water or are soggy then it could possibly signal that there may be an underground water leak. This is especially true if you know for a fact that the water pipes are in the vicinity of the area that the standing water is in.
- If you notice that there is an area or areas around the home where the grass tends to be taller, greener, mossy, or even moldy then this could be a queue that there is an underground water leak or even an underground sewage leak.
- Have you noticed a considerably vast decrease in the water pressure in your home? Have you contacted your water provider to see if any work is being done in the area that may account for why the pressure has dropped? If the water provider is not doing any work, then you may possibly have an underground water leak.
- When you turn on the tap and the water is cloudy with dirt or has air in the line then this is also a sign that there may be a leak.
- If a sink hole has cropped up on your lawn or your drive way has a pot hole then it could be due to a possible underground water leak.
- This could go unnoticed fairly easily, however, if you do notice that there are areas in the home that are not level but used to be then this signifies that there is a very huge problem with the home and the foundation for the home itself. This could be due to an underground water leak and should immediately be taken care of.
- Finally, if you notice a spike in your water bill that cannot be explained, or if you have noticed an upwards trending amount in your water bill over the past few months then this could be due to an underground water leak that is progressively becoming worse day after day.
Familiarizing yourself with the tips above will help you in the event of a possible underground water leak in your home. If you do have one and do not notice it quick enough then it could possibly damage your home, property, or even worse your neighbor’s home and property too if they are close by. If you think you may have an underground water leak now, then it is critical that you get in touch with a company that specializes with working on plumbing in Houston, TX. The sooner you have it taken care of the better off you will be at avoiding unfortunate consequences and unexpected costs. Get in touch with Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg for all of your plumbing related needs.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg offers professional repairs, installation and service for plumbing in Houston, TX. We have on-call emergency plumbers twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and three hundred and sixty five days a year for your convenience. Our experienced and friendly experts will handle your plumbing in Houston, TX and provides on time plumbing related services to not only Houston but Katy, Rosenberg and Sugar Land Texas also. If you are in need of a professional plumber to make repairs, maintenance, or installation services then you need to look no further than Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg is a leading local plumbing company with high standards of service that you can rely on. When you contact us you can rest assured knowing that you are receiving the best plumbing services in the area. Our commitment to service and excellence is reflected in our rock solid A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. If you have a plumbing related problem in your home or business and you need help, do not hesitate to reach out to us today. One of our professional and friendly plumbers will take care of your plumbing in Houston, TX and will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment with you to assess the problem and resolve it at your earliest convenience. Give Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg a call today if you are looking for professional plumbing in Houston, TX. If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay.