Do not allow a clogged drain to get the better of you, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing for professional service. When you use Benjamin Franklin Plumbing you will receive prestigious service from our licensed plumbers in Rosenberg, TX to take care of all of your plumbing problems, including clogged drains. Our professional and courteous plumbers utilize all of the latest technology that is available for accurate assessments and precise resolutions for all of your drainage problems. Give us a call today if you are looking for expert plumbers in Rosenberg, TX that will get the job done promptly and professionally.
Video Pipe Inspection
When you reach out to Benjamin Franklin Plumbing with a clogged drain, our licensed plumbers in Rosenberg, TX will first inspect the problem with video pipe inspection. This inspection uses the latest technology to safely and accurately identify the exact location and cause of the clogged drain. Once we unclog the drain, our plumbers in Rosenberg, TX will provide a second video pipe inspection at no cost to make sure that the problem has been thoroughly taken care.
Drain vs. Sewer Line Clog
When trying to determine if you have an issue in either the drain or in the sewer line will rely on the characteristics of the drainage problem. If the problem is only at a single location, and all the other drains are fine, most likely the problem is just that drain. However, if the problem with the drain is throughout the entire house, the most likely scenario is there is a problem in the sewer line. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing’s plumbers in Rosenberg, TX will do a video pipe inspection to ascertain what exactly the issue is along with the exact location of the problem. Once the inspection is completed, our plumber will know exactly what will need to be done in order to resolve the issue.
Care for Your Drains
Providing your drains at home with preventative care is a much easier task than having to deal with a clogged drain. Below are tips that will help you keep your drains from becoming clogged:
- First, and foremost if you do not have drain strainers, purchase some. Wherever you can use one, use it.
- Do not just toss your dirty dishes in the sink. Scrape off food scraps into your garbage before you place the plates in the sink.
- Never pour oils, grease or fats into your sinks. Pour it into a container, allow it to cool, and then throw it in the trash.
- If you do not have a drain strainer in your bathroom, purchase a few. Use these to prevent hair from clogging sinks and showers.
- Once a month, fill your sinks with hot water, release and flush the drains.
- For removing odors from your drain, pour 1 cup of baking soda, followed by a cup of white or apple cider vinegar down the drain. The combination of the two will create foam that will help clear the drains and reduce the odor.
- Do not allow drain traps to dry out in bathrooms that are seldom used. Once or twice a month, pour 1 – 2 quarts of water down the drains to assist in the prevention of sewer gases from finding their way into your home.
- Never use the toilets in your home as garbage cans. The only thing that should be flushed down toilets is human waste and toilet paper. Do not ever flush medication, food, cotton swabs / balls, diapers, feminine hygiene products, personal wipes ( even the ones that claim they are flushable ), dental floss, makeup, toys, or any other items. Additionally, it is best not to store items on the back of the toilet, or shelves over it. Items that fall from these positions can find their way into the toilet, and are one of the most common reasons for toilet clogs based upon comments from plumbers in Rosenberg, TX.
The Frequency of Drain Cleaning
Determining how often you should clean your drains will be determined by the consideration of the other household member’s willingness to follow these guidelines. If you have a garbage disposal, your kitchen drain will likely need more frequent drain cleaning. An average home can benefit from professional drain cleaning every two to four years. If you need drain or sewer line cleaning, get in touch with Benjamin Franklin Plumbing and we will send our professional plumbers in Rosenberg, TX to assist you. When you periodically clean your drains, you will benefit with good as new drainage, and virtually no drain odor.