Garbage disposals have become one of the most popular and common kitchen appliance. Cooks depend on their home’s garbage disposal system to conveniently get rid of food waste and keep pipes running clean. Benjamin Franklin offers the installation and repair of garbage disposals Kansas City residents can count on.
How do garbage disposals work?
They are electrically powered appliances that are attached to the sink and your home’s plumbing waste water system. They use an electrical motor to grind food waste into pieces small enough to exit your home through the gray waste system.
Garbage disposal installation requires both expert plumbing and electrical skills. An improperly installed garbage disposal can cause many problems including clogs, backups, leaks, and damaged floors and cabinetry. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City provides both garbage disposal installation and repair.
Common garbage disposal problems include:
- Disposal does not turn on
- Disposal turns on but then but will not run
- Garbage disposal is leaking water onto cabinetry
- The drain is running slow
Garbage Disposal Tips:
- Never grind potato peelings, the starch forms a paste in the pipes
- Never pour coffee grounds or egg shells in the disposal- sticks to pipes
- Never pour grease down the garbage disposal
- Pour baking soda and vinegar in the disposal one a month, let it sit and then rinse to keep the disposal running clear and smelling fresh
- Don’t run hot water when grinding food waste. Use cold water because hot water will liquefy grease and cause clogs further down the pipes
- Never bleach or drain cleaners. Clean and unclog the disposal with dish soap, baking soda, and vinegar.
BBB Certified Garbage Disposal Replacement Service
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City is Better Business Bureau certified. We are proud to have offered honest and effective plumbing services in Kansas City since 2003.
Expert Garbage Disposal Replacement – Kansas City
At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City, our plumbers are experts! They have studied with master plumbers and continue to take educational plumbing classes.
- We respect you and your home: our plumbers are always polite and wear shoe covers to protect your floors. They will never leave a mess in your home.
- All of our plumbing repairs are guaranteed; if a repair fails within a year, we will make it right at no additional cost to you.
- Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City's pricing is straightforward with no hidden fees; our customers approve all pricing before work begins.
- We stand by our on-time promise- ”If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay.®” We PAY YOU $5.00 per each minute late up to $300.00.
For the highest quality garbage disposal install & repair, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City today at (816) 239-2685 or request an appointment.