Garbage disposals have become one of the most popular and ubiquitous kitchen appliances. We depend on our garbage disposal system to conveniently get rid of food waste and keep pipes running clean. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City offers the garbage disposal installation and repair the residents of Prairie Village can depend on.
How Do Garbage Disposals Systems Work?
Garbage disposals are electrically powered appliances that are attached to the sink and the waste water system. They use an electrical motor to grind food items into pieces small enough to exit your home through the gray waste system. Garbage disposal installation requires both plumbing and electrical skills. An improperly installed garbage disposal can cause clogs, backups, leaks, damage floors or even damage cabinetry. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City provides both garbage disposal installation and repair. Common problems include:
- Garbage Disposal won’t turn on
- Garbage Disposal will not run
- Garbage disposal is leaking
- The drain is slow and you suspect a clog
Garbage Disposal Tips:
- Don’t grind potato peelings, the starch forms a paste in the pipes
- Don’t dispose of coffee or egg shells- sticks to pipes
- Never pour grease down the drain
- Keep drain clear by pouring baking soda and vinegar in the disposal one a month, let it sit and then rinse
- Grind food waste with cold water, not hot. Hot water will liquefy grease and cause clogs further down the pipes
- Don’t use bleach or drain cleaners. Clean and unclog with dish soap, baking soda, and vinegar.
Better Business Bureau Certified Garbage Disposal Service
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City has been BBB certified since 2011. We are proud to have offered honest and effective plumbing services in Kansas since1998.
Why choose Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City?
At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City, we have the certified, and trained plumbing experts that can solve all your kitchen plumbing needs!
- Our Plumbers have apprenticed with master plumbers and continue to take educational courses
- We respect your home, you can expect excellent customer service from our plumbers.
- Our plumbers are always polite and wear shoe covers to protect your floors. They will not leave a mess.
- All of our repairs are guaranteed; if a repair fails within a year, we will make it right at no additional cost to you.
- Our pricing is straightforward with no hidden fees; you will approve all pricing before work begins. We stand by our on-time guarantee- ”If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay.®” We PAY YOU $5.00 per each minute late up to $300.00.
For the highest quality plumbing call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Kansas City today at (816) 239-2685 or request an appointment!