Water Purification Services in Tampa
Your Local, Reliable Plumbing Company
Is your water leaving spots on your dishes, making your skin dry, or tasting a little too much like chlorine? You may want to consider purification treatment to remove mineral buildup and keep your water clean. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Tampa is an industry leader in home water treatment, helping families enjoy crisp, refreshing soft water every day.
Most public water resources use chlorine to purify water, which effectively kills bacteria but leaves a poor taste and is harsh on your plumbing. If you have hard water, you’ve likely noticed buildup around your faucets and taps, clouding on your glassware, or a lack of foamy lather when bathing.
Water Purification vs. Water Filtration
Though both purifiers and filters are beneficial by removing pollutants from water, they’re not the same.
- Impurities Removed: Filters remove physical impurities from water. When using carbon filters, they also eliminate odor and chlorine but are ineffective at ridding chemical pollutants. On the other hand, water purifiers remove both physical impurities and pesticides or other harmful chemicals.
- Purification Level: Whereas water filters provide more basic cleanliness, purifiers use more advanced technology to purify through filters and layers. This sophisticated method enhances the water all around, making it ideal for consumption.
- Features: Water filters are simple and require manual work to remain on top of changing filters or filling the system with water. Conversely, water purifiers have smart features which alert filter replacement, show water purity on-demand, and indicate tank capacity.
It comes down to what you need for your home. Even after leaving your city’s water treatment facility or your home’s well, water can pick up contaminants lingering within your pipes. Treating water with a more basic filtration system removes visible pollution, making it appear clean but not necessarily eliminating bacteria or viruses.
Treating water with a purification system ensures your water is pure and safe. At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Tampa, we recommend water purification for areas that are urban and may have multiple sources of contaminants – many Tampa residents opt for purifying their water.
Benefits of Pure Water
Regardless of which system you choose, the benefits of having clean water are paramount:
- Safer drinking water – reducing or eliminating heavy metals and knowing that the water is safe from anything built up in your pipes makes water purification a sensible investment.
- Minimizing dry skin – the chemicals in hard water can irritate the skin, especially those with skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Save money – with pure water you will need less soap for cleaning because it lathers better and provides a nicer clean. Plus, you may feel less of an urge to purchase bottles of water since you have healthy water on tap.
- Help the environment – just as you’ll save money not purchasing plastic water bottles, you’ll also be lending to more eco-friendly living without the excess plastic lying around.
- Reduce potential plumbing problems – those same contaminants you don’t want to consume can cause corrosion within your pipes; removing them at the source helps save you from scheduling another plumbing repair.
- Better tasting water – enjoy fresh, sweet water without the unappealing metallic or chlorine taste.
- No more soap scum buildup – not only does limescale or other buildup look unaesthetic, but it also builds up in pipes and appliances. This residue disappears with proper treatment.
Why Choose Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Tampa?
We’re different than your average plumber – our team consists of professionals with years of experience who adhere to a strict code of ethics. We carry licensing and insurance for your peace of mind and care about delivering the highest level of service. That means transparent pricing, explanations for our findings, and options that let you make the best decisions for your home.
Our loyal customers choose us because:
- We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- We’re on standby 24/7 in case of emergencies.
- We don’t charge after-hour fees for services.
- Our on-time guarantee means we pay you $5 for every minute we’re late.
- Our work is all compliant with local, state, and national building codes.
- Our plumbers are background-tested and drug-screened for safe services.