Boiler Maintenance, Repair & Inspections
Just like your car needs a tune-up every now and then in order to prevent it from breaking down, your boiler also needs an annual inspection to prolong the shelf life, efficiency, safety and reliability of your heating system. Our staff at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Levittown can provide you with a comprehensive boiler inspection every year. We have been serving Levittown, Yardley, Bristol and the rest of Bucks and Montgomery County for over 30 years.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Levittown offers boiler installations and inspections, as well as boiler repair services designed to meet any need or budget. Our team of boiler repair service professionals can correctly evaluate the condition of your boiler, as well as make suggestions that will best serve the needs of your home. Our technicians also offer energy-efficient boilers that will help you save money on utility costs for years to come.
Our service area includes:
- Other locations in Bucks County and Montgomery County
What Are The Most Common Boiler Problems?
The most common issues you’ll come across with boilers occur in the feeding and depressurizing mechanisms. A boiler is essentially a tightly sealed metallic body that mixes and/or ignites fuels and then channels the created heat energy to specific locations.
An annual inspection and maintenance schedule should be followed for all residential and commercial boilers regardless of whether they are new or old.
What Is The Average Boiler Lifespan?
Modern boiler systems are made from high-grade metal and PVC parts. The average lifespan of a newer internal boiler and furnace is around 15 years. Corrosion and thermal wear are the leading reason for the degradation of a boiler and furnace system. Their construction allows for easy repair or replacement of internal parts. Nowadays, your boiler and furnace may even outlast your house.
How Often Should You Inspect Your Boiler?
Since the load of a heating boiler shifts at the onset of warm and cold seasons, we suggest that you schedule boiler inspection twice a year: Once in the spring and once in the fall.
Corrosion and deposits can build up during the spring due to low boiler activity. During the colder months, a boiler’s use can cause wear-and-tear that will be seen only after the atmospheric temperatures increase. For this reason, it’s crucial to stick to a regular maintenance and boiler repair service schedule.
How Can You Prevent Boiler Problems?
The two most common prevention measures for newer boilers are simple. Use water additives to prevent mineral scaling, and always maintain normal temperatures to prevent the boiler system from freezing. Mineral deposits and overuse due to ice are the two common causes of boiler system failure.
A boiler is an essential feature to any home or business. Each inspection or boiler repair service should only be performed or under the supervision of an experienced, licensed heating and cooling specialist.
Signs Your Boiler Needs To Be Replaced
If you have not your boiler inspected in a few years by one of Ben Franklin Levittown’s boiler repair service technicians, here are a handful of signs that it’s time to replace your boiler.
- No Heat – The most obvious sign you are need of a new boiler is an uncomfortable lack of sufficient heat in your home. If there is no heat flowing through your ductwork and coming out of your registers, you need to call for a boiler inspection. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Levittown will send a technician out to inspect and repair your boiler. If a full replacement is necessary, our technicians are more than capable of quickly installing a new one.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector – Another sign your boiler system is on the fritz is if your carbon monoxide detector goes off. If you do not own a carbon monoxide detector, go purchase one immediately. (26 states require every household to be installed with a carbon monoxide detector.) Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that is fatal if you inhale too much.
- Raising The Thermostat Doesn’t Work – This sign is tied in with our first tip. When your home is chilly, you increase the temperature to warm up. If raising the thermostat does not change the temperature at all, there’s a good chance that something is wrong with your boiler.
- Loud Banging Noise – As with almost every single appliance you own, if you hear a loud banging noise coming from your boiler, there’s a solid chance something is wrong it. However, boilers don’t operate in total silence; a boiler system is going to make noise while it’s running smoothly. But if the noise starts to get louder, call a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Levittown boiler repair service technician today. If you live anywhere in Bucks County and Montgomery County, including towns like Yardley, Levittown, Bristol, and Abington, you can expect prompt and thorough service from us.
In the event that you need a new boiler, Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Levittown can help you find the right one. Call us for a free estimate on boiler installation, and we’ll determine the correct size as well as the best type of boiler for you. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Levittown makes sure to take into account what would be the most cost-effective, energy-efficient choice for your household’s heating needs and budget
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Levittown provides boiler installation and repair in Levittown, Yardley, Bristol, and the rest of Bucks and Montgomery County, PA. As with all of our work, we guarantee 100% satisfaction with our technicians, parts, and services, as well as a 2-year warranty on parts and labor. While your new boiler is being installed, don’t forget to talk to your technician about setting up a boiler maintenance agreement in Bucks County or Montgomery County, PA, to keep your furnace running smoothly.