We frequently refer to hard water, and for a good reason. Hard water makes up about 85 percent of the nation’s drinking water, according to the U.S. Geologic Survey. Hard water makes it difficult for soap to perform as it should, and causes spots on dishes and glasses. Scaly deposits collect on shower heads, faucet aerators, as well as the inside of pipes, in hot water heaters, and automatic dishwashers due to hard water. A plumber in Sugar Land can assist you with your hard water problem by installing a water softener in your home.
Homeowners often make the mistake of installing a water filtration system to combat hard water. Unfortunately, filtration will only remove mineral solids from the water, and not dissolved minerals. The primary method of reducing water hardness in your home is the installation of an ion exchange water softener. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg offers a number of water treatment options for your home, including water softeners and whole house water filtration systems. An ion exchange water softener removes the calcium and magnesium that cause hard water by replacing them with one of two options, sodium, or potassium.
The Benefits of Water Softening
Hard water can cause scale and sediment to build up in pipes and appliances, such as the water heater. The installation of a water softener will prevent the buildup, reducing these contaminants in the water. A water softener installed by a in Sugar Land will provide the following benefits:
- Provides cleaner dishes and glassware without spotting.
- Makes laundry cleaner, softer and last longer, while colors and whites will stay brighter.
- Provides softer, cleaner hair with less drying of the skin. Softened water is especially beneficial for dry skin conditions. In addition, a water softener reduces the amount of soap and shampoo required by up to 75%.
- Hard water can reduce the expected lifespan of the hot water heater by a third, causing the need for increased maintenance and the incidence of repairs required by a plumber in Sugar Land. The installation of a water softener extends the life expectancy of water using appliances, maintaining efficient performance and reducing the frequency of maintenance and repair.
- Reduces blockage, corrosion and build-up within your home’s plumbing in Sugar Land. For example, the toilet ports can become blocked by mineral build-up, leading to insufficient flushing action. A water softener will prevent this and other issues related to hard water.
- Water softening will reduce soap scum and mineral deposits on tubs, shower doors, faucets, shower heads and walls.
- Water softening improves the efficiency of cleaning your home by enabling products to perform as they should.
Water softeners are often installed with water filtration, and are called a water conditioning system when combined. Together, they will provide clean, sparkling, and great tasting water that can be up to 99% contaminate free. A plumber in Sugar Land can provide a professional installation ensuring the best water available.
If you are concerned about the effects of hard water, contact us for additional information or to schedule water softener or water filtration installation or repair, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg. Our professional plumbers provide expert repair, installation and service of residential and commercial plumbing in Sugar Land. A plumber in Sugar Land will provide expertise for all of your plumbing needs. We serve Sugar Land, Katy, Houston and the surrounding areas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.