There are various reasons to repipe your home, and usually the reason for repiping will assist you in the decision for which pipe material is best for you. Whether you need water line repair in Sugar Land, or repiping, our Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg's plumbers in Sugar Land will provide the service you need in a timely and efficient manner.
Common reasons homeowners repipe are:
Replace galvanized piping as soon as possible. If you have galvanized pipes you are almost assured rust is present in the pipes. Rust impedes the water flow by narrowing the pipe lumen, and it is not healthy to drink water from rusty, corroded galvanized pipe. Polybutylene pipe has an excessively high rate of failure, and typically results in severe damage to the homes structure. If present in your home, replace as quickly as possible. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg's plumbers in Sugar Land can replace polybutylene pipe for you, ensuring no further damage occurs.
If your copper piping is continually springing leaks, it is time for repiping. Over time, copper pipe may thin due to wear and hard water, and/or a thin grade of pipe can make it more vulnerable to leaks. Repiping is the solution for leaky copper pipes.
Leaking water pipes can result in serious damage to your home and its foundation. When a leak occurs, shut off the water and contact our plumbers in Sugar Land for repair or replacement. Our plumbers arrive on time, provide expert service, and clean up after themselves.
The Signs of an Outdoor Water Line Leak
Water leaks are not always as obvious as water pooling on the lawn. Any of the following signs may indicate an outdoor water leak and the need for Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg's plumbers in Sugar Land to provide water line repair.
- An elevated high water bill
- Low water pressure
- Water bubbling up, spraying or pooling on the lawn
- Unusually green, lush grass in locations near the water main
- Discolored water
- A lack of water throughout the home can mean a broken pipe, or that the water utility has shut the water off for municipal repair.
Check with the utility before calling Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg's plumbers in Sugar Land.
Unusually High Water Bills
An unusually high water bill without reason can indicate the presence of a water leak. Use the water meter test to check for a leak:
Water Meter Test
- Ensure no water is running in the home. Shut off the icemaker, and perform the test when other family members are away to avoid accidental use of water during the test.
- Locate the water meter and record the numbers displayed. This indicates the amount of water used. With no water in use, a spinning dial means you have a leak in the plumbing system. If no movement is noted recheck the reading in 1 hour, if the numbers have changed you have a leak.
- If you have a leak, close the main shutoff valve. Turning off the main shut off valve will stop all water from entering the home.
- After shutting the water off, if the water meter dial is still moving, check inside the home for water availability at a tap. If water is still available at a tap, the shut off valve is broken. However, if water is not available at the tap, there is a leak between the shut off valve and the meter. Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg's plumbers in Sugar Land to schedule water line repair.
The decision between replacement, and water line repair in Sugar Land will depend upon the age, type and condition of the existing pipe and other factors.
Water Line Replacement
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg's plumbers in Sugar Land may recommend water line replacement, rather than repair. The reasons for this can include:
- The need for replacement of outdated, worn, or corroded pipe.
- Cracked, broken, or otherwise damaged pipe.
Indoor Water Leaks
The signs of a leak can be subtle and include:
- Discolored water
- Low water pressure
- The sound of running water
- A musty odor may indicate mold and mildew due to a leak
- A hidden water leak may be undetected until floors or walls have rotted. A floor that “gives” or a sagging floor can indicate rot due to a leak
- Stained flooring or cracked tiles
- Peeling paint or stained wallpaper can indicate a leak within the wall
- Wood flooring and molding with a bleached appearance or rot
- Swollen particle board or warped, soggy drywall
- Increased humidity in the home
When you contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg's plumbers in Sugar Land you are assured of receiving a licensed plumber with expertise. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our services, and a two-year warranty on all repairs. We serve Sugar Land, Katy, Houston, and the surrounding areas, and are a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.