How Much Does Starting a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Franchise Cost*?
Opening a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing franchise means having the opportunity to experience the significant upside of our business management, resources, and other tools. While the advantages of opening a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing franchise are many, the costs aren’t so much!
The cost of converting an existing business is between $61,392 - $137,776 and starting a new company requires an investment between $128,954 - $223,738.
Best of all, choosing to open a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing location is easier thanks to how quickly you can start operating your business. In many cases, franchise owners can start helping their community receive quality plumbing services within just 30 days of training. This makes the delay between your initial investment and working to grow it as short as possible!
What Does It Take to Join Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?
We’ve designed a business model that works great for owners of plumbing companies who are looking to convert their business to a franchise. In many instances, owners of existing companies qualify for discounts on fees and other types of financial assistance. This means that taking your business to its next level is simple when you choose Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.
If you're an entrepreneur looking to start a new business, we’re ready to start a discussion that will help you decide if starting a plumbing company is right for your goals. You don’t have to be an industry veteran to start a successful Benjamin Franklin Plumbing location, and we’re ready to show you how we’ll help you get to work!
- $43,000 for a start-up franchise with a territory of up to 100,000 population.
- $0 if converting an existing plumbing business, depending on territory size and revenue.
We may finance up to 75% of the Franchise Fee to qualifying candidates when signing the Franchise Agreement. Please see FDD for details.
- Royalty Fee for a Start-up Franchise: Up to 6% of gross revenue or $1,500 per month, whichever is greater.
- Royalty Fee for a Conversion Franchise: See the current FDD for additional information.
- Marketing: Brand Fee is dependent on your Gross Revenue of up to 4% of Gross Revenue. See Item 6 of the current FDD for additional insight. This fee contributes to the development and recognition of the Benjamin Franklin Plumbing brand.
- Technology Fee: $545 - $1,535 per franchised business.
Discounts for Veterans
We’re proud members of the International Franchise Association (“IFA”) and participate in the IFA’s VetFran® Program. With VetFran, we reduce the total of the Franchise Fee and Territory Fee by 30% for all honorably discharged veterans of American and Canadian armed forces. This discount is for the first franchise only.
Diversification Discount for Women & Minorities
We’re proud members of the International Franchise Association's (“IFA”) DiversityFran® Program, which provides a reduced franchise fee of $5,000 for minority owned and women-owned businesses. To qualify for the Diversity Discount, the franchised business must be at least 51% owned by a woman or minority. Discounts may not be combined. This discount is for the first franchise only.
Authority Brands uses the power of the franchise system to transform the home services industry and keep small businesses alive at the heart of the economy. We have a deep commitment to giving franchise owners all the tools they need to operate a successful business, and part of that includes making the unreachable reachable for communities that face additional barriers to entry. Through the International Franchise Association’s VetFran and DiversityFran programs, we are creating more veteran-, woman-, and minority-owned businesses. Let’s talk today about how those programs can work for you.
Starting a Plumbing Franchise Is a Simple Process
One of the best parts about owning your plumbing business is the lower operational costs compared to businesses that require a retail location.
To make the costs of opening a Benjamin Franklin Plumbing franchise more manageable, many of our first-time owners opt for financing. Since starting a new company is an important decision, financing can help relieve some of the uncertainty many owners feel during the earliest days of operation. Financing also helps ensure that you’ll have the extra capital to cover the operational costs of your new business. Best of all, you don’t have to make financing decisions alone—we’re ready to work with you to discover the best options available to you.
Our plumbing franchise owners have used financing such as:
- SBA Loans: A type of loan provided by the United States Small Business Administration. These loans are backed by collateral and require franchisees to submit documentation regarding their new business and current financial information.
- Home equity loans: You might be able to use the equity of your home to start your new Benjamin Franklin Plumbing franchise! Home equity loans are often inexpensive and offer tax benefits.
- Retirement funds: If you have a retirement fund such as an IRA or 401(k), you might be able to use money from it without a penalty. To find out if this is an option for you, speak with a qualified financial advisor.
*See Item 6 & Item 7 of the most current Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) for additional information.
Let’s explore what the future looks like for you and your plumbing company. Call us now at (855) 880-4024 or fill our our simple online form to discover more about how much your new franchise will cost to start.