With the cost of living consistently increasing, we can be grateful for appliance manufacturers who work diligently to improve and upgrade their products, reducing the cost of energy, resources and monthly expenses. You also reduce your carbon footprint, which will help both the local environment and also future generations. Conserving water works two ways, cutting back on the amount used and the repair of leaks. Our dedicated plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas can provide for all your plumbing needs.
The following plumbing tips will be beneficial in controlling your household water use and assist in maintaining an efficient plumbing system and sewer:
- If you have a septic tank system be aware that bleach, vinegar and other cleaning products can affect the septic tank system by reducing beneficial bacteria. Use products labeled safe for septic tanks.
- If your shower head is an older one, install a new one. Modern shower heads have significantly improved when compared to older low flow models, and will help you to conserve water.
- If your toilet is running, the installation of a new fill valve or flapper on the toilet will stop the waste. In addition, if your toilet is an older model, installing a new one can save significantly on the flush. For maximum savings, consider a dual flush toilet. The toilet has one flush for liquid waste and a second for solid waste. Ben Franklin plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas can provide the installation for you.
- Repair leaky faucets indoors and outside. Leaks add up in a year’s time. You can verify a leak by placing a container under the faucet where dripping water will collect. Our plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas can provide the faucet repair and installation you require.
- The repair of water line leaks conserves water, saves you money and prevents additional damage to your home and its foundation. Furthermore, underground water leaks can contaminate your drinking water by allowing soil in. Call our plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas today for service.
- Wait until you have a full load of dishes in the dishwasher., and select the economy setting. You can save even more water washing them by hand as long as you do not leave the rinse water running.
- Do not use more water than is necessary when doing the laundry. In addition, avoid running a second rinse cycle.
- When washing a vehicle, wet a section of the car, and shut off the water while you wash.
- Change the gasket in leaking garden hoses.
- Shut off the water while brushing your teeth. It may seem minor, but can save as much as 5 gallons of water per person each time they brush.
- Cut down on the time required for a shower. Set a goal for 5 minutes.
- Sweep or blow off the driveway, rather than rinsing it.
- Use a basin for shaving rather than filling the bathroom sink. When shaving is complete, use the water on outdoor plants’. This practice will also eliminate one of the largest causes of drain clogs. In addition, if drainage is slow or clogs are frquent, our plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas canprovide drain cleaning services.
- If allowed by local code, a rain barrel will catch rainwater for outdoor plants.
- Mulch around outdoor plants reduces water needs.
Use the water meter to rule out a water leak. Ensure all water using appliances are off. Open the meter cover and record the reading. Recheck the reading in one hour. If the water meter has moved a leak is likely. Ben Franklin plumbers can provide leak detection and water line repair in Sugar Land, Texas.
When a professional plumber is neededto provide a plumbing installation or repair,you can count on Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas to provide quality residential and commercial plumbing services. Our friendly licensed plumbers have the experience and the expertise required to provide service you can both rely on and trust.
Our professional plumbers offer a broad range of services, including leak detection services, repiping, water line repair, faucet repair and installation, conventional and tankless water heater installation, maintenance and repair, gas line services and more.
About Benjamin Franklin Plumbing
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing provides prompt, on time plumbing service for residential and commercial clients. Our plumbers in Sugar Land, Texas strive to provide the best services available and ensure your satisfaction. When it comes to your family’s safety, count on Benjamin Franklin Plumbing and our professional plumbers. Ben Franklin is a member of the Better Business Bureau and maintain a rock solid A+ rating. If you would like to reduce water consumption in your home, give us a call today, our plumbers will be glad to help.