Tap water is classified as hard when it has an above-average concentration of minerals, such as calcium and magnesium. As water filters down through underground layers of mineral deposits such as limestone, the minerals are deposited into the water. While mineral water has some dietary benefit to our bodies, the scale it deposits in our plumbing and appliances causes problems. Benjamin Franklin plumbers in Katy can provide a solution for you.
Hard water can spot dishes, creates stiff, scratchy clothing with a dingy appearance. In addition, in the shower, hard water dulls your hair, and dries the skin. The effects in plumbing can clog water supply pipes, showerheads, reduces the performance, energy efficiency and lifespan of water heaters. The effects can be counteracted by installing a water softening system in your home.
There are additional problems related to hard water, including:
- Hard water requires extra soap, and shampoo to produce a lather, in addition to an increased amount of laundry detergent and other cleaning products.
- Hard water causes unsightly soap scum on shower doors, showerheads, and tile, tubs and faucets.
- Hard water produces scale in the water heater. As it collects in the bottom of the tank, energy costs rise, while the performance and the lifespan of the appliance are reduced. Water softener installation by our plumbers in Katy prevents the negative aspects of hard water.
- Hard water can clog the home’s plumbing in Katy.
- Can worsen skin and scalp conditions.
- Affects the performance and lifespan of water using appliances, and can increase the incidence of repair.
For those who prefer clean, mineral free water, Benjamin Franklin plumbers in Katy can install a water conditioning system in your home.
A water softener will provide the following benefits:
- Prevents spotted dishes, and the white deposits of cooking utensils after cooking with water.
- Laundry detergent and cleaning products perform better, requires less cleaning, and saves you money.
- Hair will be softer and shinier, while skin is softer with less drying. In addition, the amount of soap and shampoo required will be reduced, saving you money.
- Extends the lifespan of appliances by reducing problems caused by hard water. This is especially beneficial for the water heater, which requires routine maintenance to remove built-up sediment caused by hard water. As a result, the water heater will require fewer repairs from a plumber in Katy.
- A water softener prevents the blockage of water supply pipes that hard water can cause in your home’s plumbing in Katy.
- A water softener will prevent the buildup of soap scum on tubs and showers. Furthermore, the unsightly stains that collect under the toilet rim are eliminated.
If you would like to schedule a water softener installation or repair, contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumbers in Katy. Our licensed plumbers offer a broad range of residential and commercial plumbing services. You can rely on the expertise of Benjamin Franklin Plumbing plumbers in Katy. Our professional plumbers serve Katy, Houston, Sugar Land, and the surrounding areas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. We guarantee your satisfaction.