Copper pipe has been a top pipe choice for homeowner’s and business owners alike for over 7 decades. Due to its long term performance, and known history, it remains a highly popular pipe material. So popular, in fact, that over 80% of homes are plumbed with copper pipe. However, it does face growing competition from lower cost plastic options, such as PVC, CPVC and PEX. That said, copper may be the best option for your home’s plumbing in Katy. In the following, we will look at the advantages copper provides, and why copper is not always the best option for every home.
- Copper is corrosion resistant, and contains biostatic properties due to its nature.
- It is a natural material without the risk of chemical contaminants.
- It is naturally lightweight and therefore easier to use in long runs without requiring a large number of supports. Although lightweight, copper is extremely durable. Coppers durability means it typically requires less repair during its lifespan. While it costs more initially, it is an economical investment in the long term.
- Copper is lead free, and unlike other pipe materials copper is recyclable.
- Copper can withstand natural disasters better than other pipe materials. In addition, if involved in a fire, copper is fire resistant and will not emit toxic gases.
- Copper is not vulnerable to UV light from the sun. Furthermore, it can be used outdoors, and will not freeze if installed below the frost line.
- Strong joints are provided by soldering, providing a bond that resists corrosion.
- Offers your home plumbing in Katy with a lifespan of 50-70 years in normal conditions.
- It generally increases the resale value of a home, and often facilitates its sale.
- Copper pipe has stood the test of time, longer than any other pipe material still in use. This factor, is often the decisive one for many homeowner’s in need of new plumbing in Katy.
Copper is higher than plastic pipe materials in its initial cost. However, considering its long lifespan, the clean water it provides, and that it typically does not experience the number of leaks possible with other pipe materials; in the end copper is often the cost effective choice for your home. An additional disadvantage applies to homes supplied with acidic water, which can cause problems in copper pipes over time.
Environmental conditions can potentially affect water quality in any home and pipe longevity in any location. When repiping your home, or installing in new home builds, hire an experienced and licensed plumber in Katy in order to receive the highest reliability and plumbing lifespan for your location.
Our licensed plumbers offer the industry expertise you can rely on for your plumbing in Katy. When you need a plumber in Katy, or have questions about copper pipe, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg at (281) 616-3978 for professional grade installation, maintenance and plumbing repair. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenberg serves Katy, Houston, Sugar Land and the surrounding areas. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® of Rosenbergis a member of the BBB with an A+ rating. We provide Benjamin Franklin’s exclusive 100% satisfaction guarantee.