Your water heater is one of the most relied-on parts of your plumbing system. There are few things as uncomfortable as waking up to a cold shower! But there are other signs your water heater may need servicing. If your water looks rusty or has an odor, you hear rumbling, popping or whining noises, or if you see water leaking around the base of the water heater, it’s time to call for help.
Your local Benjamin Franklin Plumbing® expert will make a thorough examination and explain the issue and your repair options.
Please remember that water heaters are not a DIY home owner task. Electricity, gas and water are not for the inexperienced. Most communities even require a permit & inspection. Your plumber can address the considerable safety and code issues involved and protect your home and family by ensuring you have a safe, reliable appliance.
Water Heater Repair
No hot water, not enough hot water, and noises from your water heater can all be troubling signs that your water heater is in need of repair. If you have an emergency or need to schedule an appointment, our local technicians are licensed, insured and screened so you know your repairs are in good hands. We can walk you through the problem, explain your options, and complete the repair work on the same visit.
Water Heater Maintenance
Regular maintenance of your water heater can prevent future issues. In fact, maintenance can may add years of life to your water heater. Routine flushes and inspection of your water heater also helps with prevention of future issues. Call your local Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to schedule annual maintenance. Our expert plumbers will make a careful check of your water heater to make sure it’s safe and in good working order. Whether it’s a water heater repair, replacement and installation, or maintenance service, the Benjamin Franklin Plumbing team is here to serve your needs. Give us a call today.
Water Heater Installation
If replacing your equipment is the most cost-effective solution, our technicians will walk you through the various types of water heaters and the features of each so that you can make the selection that’s right for you. Options include:
- Conventional tank water heaters are powered by either electricity or natural gas. Tanks range in capacity from 20 to 100 gallons.
- Solar water heaters are an economical, eco-friendly option in some parts of the country. Harnessing the power of the sun, they essentially heat your water for free. The EPA estimates water heating accounts for 14-18 percent of the average household’s energy bill, so a solar water heater could add up to big savings.
- Tankless water heaters are another energy-efficient, greener option, regardless of where you live. Traditional tank heaters reheat the water in the tank as it cools off between uses, requiring more energy. They also promote water waste: how much water is running down the drain while you wait for the shower to heat up? Tankless water heaters heat the water directly as you need it, saving energy – and money! The Benjamin Franklin Plumbing GoHot tankless water heater delivers an endless supply of hot water through a piece of equipment the size of a briefcase.
Whichever type you choose, our experienced plumbers can install your new water heater. They will remove the old unit, perform the professional installation and clean up when they’re finished.
Services vary by location. Call for details.
Find Your Local Benjamin
Franklin Plumbing® Team
- Request an appointment
- Get local phone numbers and company details
- View local offers and coupons
- View local services